Replacing LCD panel?

MattQC

Limp Gawd
One of my friend who is a high stake online poker player recently went batshit insane after loosing a 50 000$ hand and punched out his three 3007wfp.

I have them sitting around here didnt test them yet but they seems fine except the panels which are pretty much fucked up.

Is there anyway to replace them or should I just sell them as is on ebay? I did not found much info on google about replacing panels.

Funny tidbit: This guy buy boxes of cheap dell keyboard/mouse every weeks cause he freak out and break them all the time.

Replacing LCD panels is generally not feasible for consumers.

While I'm sure you have financial incentive to hang around a friend like that, the combination of a destructive personality, lots of cash and high-stakes gambling will inevitably attract certain sorts of criminal elements you want nothing to do with.

Wowow.. someone needs to control their temper.. what about 3x Asus LS201 :D ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFmR1xo9MLg

New panels (assuming LM300W01) costs about $280 a piece on taobao.com - but not sure about if the seller can ship to the US. :)

Hahaha nice screens! Should get him a couple of those for xmas :D

Anyone ever ordered panel from that taobao website? Is it legit? I guess its must be pretty hard to replace? Dell wont even touch them because he bought em from someone and no warranty transfer was made.

C9eT0.jpg

rvnIr.jpg

MGDWR.jpg

l7KMJ.jpg

Sad.

Anyone ever ordered panel from that taobao website? Is it legit? I guess its must be pretty hard to replace? Dell wont even touch them because he bought em from someone and no warranty transfer was made.
Taobao is sorta like eBay for China. I bought a QXGA panel from a seller once - making the payment was the hardest part since his bank didn't seem to take international bank transfers using an "IBAN" code format. The cheapest method was to go to my bank and convert from DNK->USD (live in denmark) and send them in an envelope as an insured letter.

But you'll have to consider if it's worth it... i.e. does the difference in price between a broken 3007WFP and a fully working one exceed the price of the panel+shipping+troubles?
I've replaced a couple of laptop screens. The 30" panel is of course way more heavy and all, but it should be doable.

The 3007WFP seem to have the LM300W01 with the STA1 suffix. A STA2 also seem to exist, but i'm not sure if that one is pin-compatible or not.

3 months bump. I still have those screens laying around, they all power on. Anybody need the parts?

While I'm sure you have financial incentive to hang around a friend like that, the combination of a destructive personality, lots of cash and high-stakes gambling will inevitably attract certain sorts of criminal elements you want nothing to do with.

Agreed.

Back