Report: Asus gets customer thrown in jail for 10 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
-

Whoa... I guess sending people to jail in China works out cheaper then properly fixing faulty Asus hardware.

Considering it would cost a lot for them to change there operations it probably is cheaper to get the problem people thrown in jail.

Thats pretted f'ed up though,

"why did you go to jail?"

"Oh i complained that a company was ripping off customers"

"oh really?"

It's a country that doesn't have freedom of speech. This surprises you?

Actually it looks more like dodgy business practices than something freedom of speech related. That said, reading that a company like Asus is capable of this makes me sad.

Actually it looks more like dodgy business practices than something freedom of speech related. That said, reading that a company like Asus is capable of this makes me sad.

True it is dodgy, but China has no free speach, so if you say anything, your screwed pretty much. So companies can get away with stuff like this.

True it is dodgy, but China has no free speach, so if you say anything, your screwed pretty much. So companies can get away with stuff like this.

Especially large ones that are responsible for employing 10's of thousands of workers.

It's sad that ASUS indulges in this kind of behavior, that the Chinese government would place anyone in jail for complaining doesn't surprise me in the least, i guess neither does a big corporation disregarding their home country traditions and right and take china's to their advantage

ok but what this person did is called blackmail she threatened to release information to the public if she was not paid 5 million dollars. she is charged with extortion, rightly so
you do that to companies here in the US
and the company sues you
same thing happens

ok but what this person did is called blackmail she threatened to release information to the public if she was not paid 5 million dollars. she is charged with extortion, rightly so
and the company sues you
same thing happens

That's debatable. The woman claims that the company's claim of extortion is false. The article even states that the authorities could not produce any conclusive evidence and therefore she was released. That's part of the reason why she is suing Asus AND the government. For holding her in jail for ten months without a conviction.

A Chinese citizen suing the Chinese government? I'm sure that will work.

That's debatable. The woman claims that the company's claim of extortion is false. The article even states that the authorities could not produce any conclusive evidence and therefore she was released. That's part of the reason why she is suing Asus AND the government. For holding her in jail for ten months without a conviction.
you know about Guantanamo bay right?

i rest my case

and the company sues you
same thing happens

He beat me to it. You are not able to fix my notebook and throw a sample part in that should have made it out. Give me 5 million dollars or else. She had it comming to her.

Would be one thing if she wanted a refund for the notebook. 5 million bucks for a notebook thats broken. It isn't like the battery exploded and killed her family or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back