Report bad post button question....

stumpy

2[H]4U
A quick question about the 'Report bad post' button. When someone actually uses that to report a post, do the admins know who actually pushed the button?

In other words, does the admin responding to the problem know who was the "snitch" ?

...this of course is a hypothetical situation....;)

As far as everyone is concerned it is anonymous.....kinda like crimestoppers :cool:

Thanks....I actually talked to a mod and got it all cleared up :)

I'm not worried about reporting bad posts, I was just kind of wondering how it works.

My understanding is that it's an emailing system that a bunch of moderators check. They have a link to the thread, who made it, and a reason. It's a really good idea. :)

lorcani said:
My understanding is that it's an emailing system that a bunch of moderators check. They have a link to the thread, who made it, and a reason.

Actually, the report will go to the moderator(s) of that particular forum. If that forum has no assigned moderator, the report will go to all of the admins. The report is sent via email to the addy in the mod/admin's profile and includes a link to the post, the name of the person reporting it and the reason they gave for making the report. Pretty simple, really. :)

Lethal said:
Actually, the report will go to the moderator(s) of that particular forum.
That's probably a better system. The response time is incredible. :)

Back