Reseviors...

guilTy

Limp Gawd
Single, or dual 5 /14 bay res?

i have enough room for either, but i would prefer a dual, due to less refilling and lack of a 5 1/4 bay cover (shouldve kept that :p ) but would it kill me to get a dual? or is single the way to go...

Looks or performance?

A bay-res looks good, especially with LEDs, but doesn't work very well as a reservoir. They're a serious pain in the ass to fill and don't bleed the air out of the system as well as a tank-style res.

But if you gotta have one, go dual.

both i guess, but i dont think ill have the room for a tank res.
why would bleeding them be hard? access?

i like the idea of a bay res tho...

i find them easy to bleed... stick in a hose, and syphon it out..

that was similar to what i was thinking, but insteads mount a fixed hose and maybe mount it to a 5 1/4 baycover. kinda like a fixed funnel

When I mentioned bleeding the air out, I didn't mean filling or draining the reservoir. Bleeding refers to getting all of the air out of the cooling loop.

Single bay res don't trap air that well. Even the ones with center-dividers are prone to sucking circulating bubbles back into the loop. Any air in your loop (especially any that gets trapped in the radiator) hurts your cooling. Dual bayres don't suffer from this as much.

Again, if you gotta have one, go dual.

Yeah, avoid the single bay resevoirs. The dual ones bleed well though. Make sure you go in the top and out the bottom.

All bay resevoirs are a pain to install, but they are great space wise if you have the extra bays.

Back