resolution and vid card?

decap

Limp Gawd
hey guys just got a dell and im trying to play games but it then closes the game and says my resolution does not work etc..
im running the ati x1300? i think. anyone know what i could do so i could play games? its not the resolution because if i set it to anything loiwer, everything is stretched out. i have ati catalyst installed

1) Please provide the specs of your laptop and the names of the games you're trying to play. That could help figure out the problem.

2) Did you download your catalyst drivers from Dell or from ATI? If not from Dell, you need to go to Dell's web site and download the most current drivers for your machine.

its from dell
im running core 2 duo 1.73 ghz 512 mb 40 gb hd
trying to play cs

What is the model number of your Dell?
Have you installed recommended OS patches?
What is the display's maximum resolution?
Did you download your ATI driver from Dell or from ATI?
Have you fully patched CS?

I was wondering why you were on my ignore list, and then I saw an answer like "yes" to "what is the model number of your Dell?". Guess you answered my question...but not his.

GLSauron said:
I was wondering why you were on my ignore list, and then I saw an answer like "yes" to "what is the model number of your Dell?". Guess you answered my question...but not his.

Well I give up. If he won't even read responses to his request for help, I guess he doesn't want it.

model # to what?
i dont see why it is necessary to fix resolution and graphics card issues. i had already stated my specs

decap said:
model # to what?
i dont see why it is necessary to fix resolution and graphics card issues. i had already stated my specs
Probably your fucking laptop. The manufacturer, the number and/or letter they affix to the product you bought...This ringing any bells here? Something you consider unimportant *might* just be the key to your answering your question. If you cant answer our questions while trying to help you, how the hell do you expect us to answer yours?!

Seriously, if you want help - put a little effort into it.

The model number makes a huge difference - that way, we can ACTUALLY check the specs (especially the video card) instead of having to rely on your vague answers.

Back