Results of CPU-Z !!!

clone#13

Limp Gawd
yeah that f 6 feature is quite cool, thanks Eclipse. Well here is the result, I just wanted to ask what does that screen tell me. Shouldn't I be seeing a 1:1 ratio of the FSB : DRAM? Ok here is what system I have: Asus A7V8X, thunderbird Athlon 1.2(ancient I know), and from the screen shot you can see the RAM I am using. Thanks for any help.

cpu-z.jpg

what i gather from the screen shot, logically speaking, is that you are not running in a 1:1 ratio... it says your memory speed is at 166mhz and below that it gives the FSB:DRAM ratio which clearly states FSB+33mhz... which means that your fsb is running at 133mhz.

well here is a shot of the proc, if I understand this correctly, is it my cpu that is setting the FSB to 133? According to the BIOS, it is at 133 with the multiplier being x9. My board can handle up to DDR400 and I have PC2700 which should run at 266. I guess I will have to try to set the FSB higher in the BIOS and lower the multiplier. Am I saying this correctly? thanks

cpu.jpg

PC2700 runs at 333mhz, which is 166*2... which is what CPU-Z is showing in the memory tab.

Yes you actually right Dank, my bad, so I guess I will have to reset the FSB on the board. Any ideas as to what that should be? my cpu is an athlon thunderbird 1.2. I will check with the amd site

actually I think my cpu is running fine, since it is a thunderbird 1.2 the FSB is 266 (which shows as 133 and that means 133*2=266) am I correct? Also since PC2700 runs at 333, then it shows the speed to be 166 which is 166*2=333. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

You are indeed correct. There is a school of thought that having the FSB and the memory clock the same gives better performance, but if you're happy with your system's performance, there's no reason to worry about it. (If it ain't broke...)

Back