Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long did it take you all to get verified once you faxed? i just sent in the other day for mine

Got verified, got code, ordered the Q6700 with overnight, and had it delivered in about 6 days.

Total came out to $267.77.

I don't if it depends on where you work or what time of day you fax or what not, but I've heard it took people anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks and counting.

I guess just cross your fingers and hope.

Finally got verified, but I just got over 12000 points, and when I registered, I only have 11000, so they sent me a link to the q6600. Any thoughts on how to get the 6700? I emailed intel, but they are so slow right now..

Can I use my code with the other bundle? Can someone pm the link to the 6700 bundle? Not the whole link since the individual activation code is there, just the first part Thanks..

this is horse poo poo. I'm trying to get my dam board replaced and they're tellin me its out of stock and they have none coming in this week. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE when everyone else here is getting their boards sent to them now?

this is horse poo poo. I'm trying to get my dam board replaced and they're tellin me its out of stock and they have none coming in this week. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE when everyone else here is getting their boards sent to them now?

Tell them you want a comparable one. I think that they are waiting on RMAs so they can fix them and what not, then send them out to you. God forbid they send you a new one! :(

Well after my bundle sitting here in Calgary since Thursday, after having to change delivery locations (cause of UPS's wonderful drivers) its arrived at my parents work...

I partially asked before but... how is gaming on that Intel board? Is it worthwhile to get a nice gigabyte DS3R one or stick to the DG33TL?

Edit:
With a good gpu of course.

still waiting for mine!! DAMN YOU UPS!!!! it was supposed to be scheduled for today! its 7pm :mad::mad:

still waiting for mine!! DAMN YOU UPS!!!! it was supposed to be scheduled for today! its 7pm :mad::mad:

I partially asked before but... how is gaming on that Intel board? Is it worthwhile to get a nice gigabyte DS3R one or stick to the DG33TL?

Go for the Gigabyte, it has more possibilities for expansion like DDR3 RAM

Make sure you get rev. 2.0 board

The DG33TL is an entertainment board
Gonna put mine in a cube entertainment set when my Gigabyte comes in.

wow ur all super geeks. haah jp how much does the geek nerds at bestbuy make?

Down here in Houston: $10 and change for first 3 mo then $11.30 p/t f/t
at 2 years I was making $11.63 and that's the basic CIA Agent
Senior is about $12.50 and DCI is about $19.00
If you go on service calls, about $22.00
you have a max raise of about 3 - 4% depending on your review

another benifit is Best Buy's Employee Discount
Store Cost +5% on EVERYTHING

Say like you need a 12' DVI cable that's $80 retail
I got it for $14 and change

I gave it up after the Bundle purchase cause last year I scored 3.5 out of 5 on my rating and got 4%
This year I scored 4 out of 5 and got 3%

so...when are they gonig to add the new quizzes?

Its double point december and I have 9800 points...

Get ready for December Challange and Article, theyre updating the Intel site

Got my 6700 bundle yesterday...

hooked up with my 8800gt. its super sexy.

hope you guys can get yours! :D

The December Challange and article is up
double the points

and here's my count...

YOUR COMPLETED CHIP COUNT IS:
30,300 CHIPS

WHOOT!

the site no longer says im not verified, however i never recieved an e-mail

i just broke 12k chips too, yay me

If you go on service calls, about $22.00

I wish!!!

DCI's (Geek Squad supervisor for in-store geeks) can make into the 20's.
Starting DA's (service calls) can start at $17. The only one's in my area (South Miami) making $22+ have been doing it for at least 2 years.

It really depends on what the other techs in the field in your area are making and how long you've been with the company.

Got my bundle today!! I'll be slapping the quad on my gigabyte board sometime over the next couple of days.

If you install the processor on the mobo with the stock heatsink, use it, then supposing you want to use the processor on another mobo, do you need to apply more TIM when using the same heatsink? Does the stock heatsick tim change after use?

If you install the processor on the mobo with the stock heatsink, use it, then supposing you want to use the processor on another mobo, do you need to apply more TIM when using the same heatsink? Does the stock heatsick tim change after use?
You need to completely remove the old TIM and re-apply new TIM.

the site no longer says im not verified, however i never recieved an e-mail

i just broke 12k chips too, yay me

just hit the "get info now" button on the purchase program pane of the front page.
your code will be there meaning you're verified.

ALSO attn everyone who hasn't purchased but IS verified

You have 30 days from being verified to purchase the bundle, read the fine print on the bottom of the bundle page
"Once your employment is verified, a Purchase Code will be sent to your e-mail address. You can use the code to order your bundle on the Shop IntelSM Web site. The Purchase Code will expire 30 days after being issued, so make sure you order your bundle right away."

So... anyone selling their bundle mobo?

My buddy is selling his Q6700 on ebay :rolleyes:

I have to admit it was tempting since I am short on cash this month, but I really wanted to get some folding knocked out! I am selling the mobo though...

I feel for Intel, I sent an email two weeks ago asking about my verification, which happened three days ago.. They just responded saying I was verified.. My email wondering why I can't get the q6700 even though I am over 13,000 points probably wont get answered til the end of the month when its too late..

has anyone OC'd with that motherboard in the bundle? I didnt realize it was so small... i'd keep it if it OCs well....

just hit the "get info now" button on the purchase program pane of the front page.
your code will be there meaning you're verified.

ALSO attn everyone who hasn't purchased but IS verified

You have 30 days from being verified to purchase the bundle, read the fine print on the bottom of the bundle page
"Once your employment is verified, a Purchase Code will be sent to your e-mail address. You can use the code to order your bundle on the Shop IntelSM Web site. The Purchase Code will expire 30 days after being issued, so make sure you order your bundle right away."

im in the same boat but it doesnt have a code one that page. It still tells me to send my fax in. I guess ill have to resend it again uggg.

I feel for Intel, I sent an email two weeks ago asking about my verification, which happened three days ago.. They just responded saying I was verified.. My email wondering why I can't get the q6700 even though I am over 13,000 points probably wont get answered til the end of the month when its too late..

I know the feeling. I sent in my stuff for verification in November when I had 11,875 chips thinking that I would be able to get the q6700 first thing December. I got verified on the 26th so I thought I was good to go. December 1st came and I broke the 12,000 points and I found that I couldn't get the q6700 bundle. I sent them an email right then and still didn't get a response. Today I decided just to get the q6600 bundle instead since I'm just going to OC the bejezzus out of it anyway.

I'm happy to say I have a tracking number just a few hours after ordering it.

While I'm sure this post will get buried amongst the others and people will continue to ask this question both here and all over the internet, I figured I'd go ahead and post the answer anyways (heck, maybe someone already answered somewhere and I didn't see it):

You cannot upgrade the bundle once you've been verified. i.e. if you receive the verification code while you have <12k points, then proceed to accumulate 12k or more, you are only able eligble for the q6600 bundle.

I confirmed this today. When I got home, I got the email saying that I had been verified (about 2 weeks). I had around 10k points. Proceded to answer this months challenge to put myself over 12k. When I attempted to purchase the bundle it took me straight to the q6600 page with a price of $1000 with a $7XX discount. With a lucky guess, I managed to find the q6700 bundle page and add it to my cart while removing the q6600 bundle. It listed a price of $1500 with $0 discount. I played around with it for a few minutes trying different things. No luck. The verification code is bound to the point score at the time it is registered. While I wouldn't entirely throw out the possibility that intel has a way intervene and change this, I seriously doubt they will. Mostly due to time restraints.

Go for the Gigabyte, it has more possibilities for expansion like DDR3 RAM

Make sure you get rev. 2.0 board

The DG33TL is an entertainment board
Gonna put mine in a cube entertainment set when my Gigabyte comes in.

I'm still having a [h]ard time to decide... see, I don't plan on overclocking (for a few years) and by then some better mobos will be out. I'm not concerned with expansion at the moment either, since I plan on using DDR2 6400. Basically, if the gigabyte is going to be significantly better than the intel (with good graphics, either 3870 or 8800gt) for gaming then I would go for it.

Aside from gaming, I plan on doing some video editing etc. so in that case the intel seems more favorable. I'm not too familiar with the chipset features (but its obvious G33 has integrated graphics)

How does your rig run games? I'll check in with you again when your gigabyte board comes in.

I

How does your rig run games?
Many people keep asking this question.
Tell me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you be better off buying a better graphics card or more ram than sinking $150 into a new board?
The differences aren't THAT big...

Faxed over my information today, 3-4 hours later received my code in e-mail, 15 minutes later Q6700 bundle ordered :cool:

Tell me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you be better off buying a better graphics card or more ram than sinking $150 into a new board?

The difference *could* be considerable if the CPU is the bottleneck. IOW, if the person already has a good video card and nice amount of RAM but is running on a crappy celery then yes, the core 2 quad would make a hell of a difference.
Most people who already have a decent CPU will only be looking at a 5-10% performance gain (mostly due to the larger L2 cache) when the video card is taken out of the equation. The more that games go multi-threaded though, the better the performance leap will be.

Of course if you're an eye-candy whore (like me) even a small FPS increase is precious...mmmmmm, yes, precious.

Just to be clear, for my comparison inquiry between the gigabyte and intel boards, (for the sake of comparing) both would have good graphics cards (not comparing a gigabyte board with a good gpu and the integrated on intel)

And like I said, if its a significant increase in performance, then by all means its worth getting a good mobo.

If its negligible gain, I'll stick to the intel board. I'm looking to play games with high settings, and all round performance outside of gaming. :)

Received bundle on 12/04/06, and good news to myself and hopefully others....it is indeed a G0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back