RETAIL Intel Q6600 - $189.99 + shipping at FRYs.com

Absinthe

Gawd
Credit: eibgrad @ SD & Engineer @ AT

FRYS.com #: 5101696

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600
Architecture: 65nm, LGA775
L2 Cache: 8MB - (1) 4MB of Intel® Advanced Smart Cache per core pair.
Clock Speed: 2.40GHz
Front Side Bus: 1066MHz

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5101696

$189.99 + Shipping :)

MUST..................resist! e6300 is enough!! nooooooooooooooo get out of my head charles!

every time I see one of these deals I'm so tempted. Good find OP

I just received my Q6600 today, it's a G0 and also Retail version.

Overclocking here I come :D

MUST..................resist! e6300 is enough!! nooooooooooooooo get out of my head charles!

every time I see one of these deals I'm so tempted. Good find OP

I have that CPU and I am going through the same predicament you are going... rats!!! :D

Yeah, I bit too. Not to satisfied with my Q9300. Gonna see if one of these will beat it. Appreciate the post OP.

I snagged one too :D Thanks OP and the dude who posted this up in the other thread. Figured it was about time to put my 3000+ out to pasture :cool:

Price will be dropping on the Q6600 come April 20th but I dunno if retail will be any lower than this or not.

Egh I've been wanting a quad too darn it. I might have to spend some money.

Must resist and WAIT for 4/20 price drops.

Even with those price drops it won't retail under $200 I think. However, it would reduce any possible sale prices of the chip.

Why is this so tempting???????!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!

That has been there for well over a week - try to buy one..... Has not worked for well over a week either.

That's odd. I purchased two this way. One over the net and the other local to me. I replaced a couple of buddies CPU's on the cheap.

....and G0s they are.

Yep. They're back in stock now (or at least when I checked yesterday). Mine came in today, G0 it is.

I have just overclocked my Q6600 G0 to 3.6GHz now. It's perfectly stable and also running cool with my third party CPU Fan. Tomorrow i'll try to overclock it even more. :D

Shutup all of you! I can't spend more money to upgrade. Stuck on 939 atm.

Stop tempting me!

Shutup all of you! I can't spend more money to upgrade. Stuck on 939 atm.

Stop tempting me!

Look at the shiny new box. Do it...

001.jpg

002.jpg

still not that great of a deal, mine was a total of $196.92 that included shipping. but not bad if you dont want to pay sales tax in your state, i paid $215.00 for mine, but im satisfied.

I got mine in today, Of coures newegg took 2 days to process my stuff again and once again i get screwed and wont get the rest of my stuff(mobo/memory) until monday now, For the last 2 years or so newegg has just been horrible on getting stuff out the same day you order it as they did years back, yes you can all say now "well the website says 2-3 days of processing"

:eek:

still not that great of a deal, mine was a total of $196.92 that included shipping. but not bad if you dont want to pay sales tax in your state, i paid $215.00 for mine, but im satisfied.

Wait, 196.92 is still ~$50 cheaper than NewEgg. How is that not a good deal?

I got mine in today, Of coures newegg took 2 days to process my stuff again and once again i get screwed and wont get the rest of my stuff(mobo/memory) until monday now, For the last 2 years or so newegg has just been horrible on getting stuff out the same day you order it as they did years back, yes you can all say now "well the website says 2-3 days of processing"

:eek:

So, you didn't get in on the Fry's deal?

Got mine today:
Q6600 G0 SLACR
Batch: L805B222
Pack: 04/02/08

Keep us updated on what you can get out of your Q. I got mine from Fry's about a week ago and can only get 3.6GHz using 1.5V. My VID is 1.325V and the Batch is L803A... pack date 3/31/08. A lot of the newer batches are poor overclockers. I'm thinking of exchanging mine for a different one before my 14 days are up.

I'm using it with an Asus P5N-E SLI, so I'll be happy with just 3.0ghz to be honest.
Cant do anything just yet though as all my new parts for the rest of the build are in the mail from the 'Egg and wont be here til the end of the week. :(

Back