return hp w2207 or not? (need advice)

Xaim0

n00b
I bought an HP w2207 lcd today and i'm really happy with it. Gaming with this thing is awesome. The picture is so crisp :D (had an 19" crt before). So that is all good.

The downside is though i got some bleeding at the top and bottom. Not much, but noticeable in a dark room. I guess i could live with it, but i had hoped for one without any bleeding.

I could return the monitor and get another one, but i don't know if it's worth the hassle. Is it a slim chance to get a perfect one? Is bleeding a common thing on this hp monitor?

Advice needed please!

btw, i have not noticed any dead pixels on my current display.

You'll always have SOME backlight bleeding. It really depends on how much it is. If it's too much for you, you can try exchanging it, but chances are, the replacement has it too, if you're unlucky, the replacement has worse backlight bleeding.

All the HP W2207 I've seen have significant top and bottom light bleed, so I don't think exchanging it will help. You'll have to either live with it or get something else.

damn it, i found a stuck pixel! It's located at the bottom of the screen, so at least it is in a "good" location. It's funny, before i didn't see it, but now i see without any problems

I have tried running undead pixel 2.2 over night, but it didn't help. I had decided to keep the monitor and live with the bleeding, but now i'm unsure again :(

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

i contacted the seller and they can send me another monitor without me returning the one i have. i have to pay for it ofcource, but i can keep the best one and return the other for a full refund. Sounds good to me.

I bought an HP w2207 lcd today and i'm really happy with it. Gaming with this thing is awesome. The picture is so crisp :D (had an 19" crt before). So that is all good.

The downside is though i got some bleeding at the top and bottom. Not much, but noticeable in a dark room. I guess i could live with it, but i had hoped for one without any bleeding.

I could return the monitor and get another one, but i don't know if it's worth the hassle. Is it a slim chance to get a perfect one? Is bleeding a common thing on this hp monitor?

Advice needed please!

btw, i have not noticed any dead pixels on my current display.

bleed is normal in all lcds good news is that over a month or two of use and some of that bleed is going to dissipate, not ALL mind you but SOME. Exchanging wont help the matter, try adjusting the contrast.

My W2207 has some backlight bleed but it's so faint and relatively unnoticeable compared to most TN panel monitors I've seen. My previous LCD, a Viewsonic VX2235, had horrendous backlight bleed compared to the W2207.

Back