Review of experiences at FrozenCPU.com

techspec6

Weaksauce
I ordered 7 items from FrozenCPU.com and only recieved 6 of them. I called to tell them about the problem and spoke with Jeff. He told me that the missing item will be shipped to me the same way that the previous parts had been shipped, which was FedEx 1-5 business days. I explained to him that the shipping schedule would not work because I would be out of town in 3 days for over a week. We disputed this back and forth for some time but he told me it was company policy to ship missing items the same schedules as the original order and he wasn't able to change this. I asked to speak to his boss but was denied by Jeff. In the end, I was forced to pay an additional $19.44 to have the part overnighted. Basically, I had to pay for their mistake or be forced to wait 10 days on a part I paid to have delivered 3-5 days. The missing part was a part of an entire ordered system, thus the system could not be completed without the missing part, holding up the entire project.

I chose FrozenCPU over their compeditors based on their number of years in business and the organized layout of their website. I should have checked other reviews and read their policies carefully.

Jason

I've dealt with them before without too much trouble, although I do recall their shipping/handling times were somewhat slow. That being said, Ive heard multiple reports of people saying they receive their orders with items missing, which is kind of a sad thing to be happening with any regularity. That, along with them not falling over themselves to fix it (or doing really anything extra) doesn't speak very highly to me about their CS. Sorry to hear about your problem in any case.

I can't speak to their service, but their products are generally priced higher than most other retailers.

Like all etailers in the watercooling arena.....Frozen,Performance and Sidewinder, all of them carry brand named products, but not all of them, all the time.

I use Sidewinder primarily because the guy has the lowest prices, period.
I use Frozen when Sidewinder doesn't carry a particular part. I have never had a shorted order and I get all my stuff the next day because I live about 2 hours east of Rochester.

Frozen's prices tend to be higher by one to 5 dollars per item. Their shipping prices are higher even if you select Priority mail.
Generally, I've found them to carry a huge inventory. I have never had to call them to discuss a problem, essentially because I've never had one. They do ship the same day and their emails are very prompt.

Performance's downfall is pricey shipping. Their inventory is huge but the shipping is very high unless you use USPS.
I have been shorted by Performance, and they once sold me an RMA return waterblock as new; but they made both deals right without question.

Gary at Sidewinders has called me at home twice about inventory problems and once when he shorted me an item. The guy is the best there is.

Thanks for the heads-up, Magoo. I like Sidewinders website layout, inventory selection and pricing. I'll be considering them for my future watercooling needs. For me personally, I believe the only thing that seperates the watercooling companies is service. I require good service from everyone I deal with. I don't mind paying more for good service. Twice as much if the service is twice as good.

Good examples of companies that have made it big off of good service... Amazon and Newegg. It's difficult to find someone that has had a problem with newegg. Most people don't mind paying a lil extra for better service.

Jason

I use Sidewinder primarily because the guy has the lowest prices, period.

From what I've noticed, Jab-Tech trades blows with SidewinderComputers for best prices. Jab-Tech also has a 5% off coupon code ("facebook") that basically offsets any shipping charges.

From what I've noticed, Jab-Tech trades blows with SidewinderComputers for best prices. Jab-Tech also has a 5% off coupon code ("facebook") that basically offsets any shipping charges.

You are correct, except I have found Jab-tech to have a pretty thin selection of some items.
Sidewinder tends to have a much wider selection of waterblocks and compressions.

You are never going to find each and every item to be THE lowest all from one store......but overall I don't think you can beat Sidewinder. Plus the guy from Jab-tech has never called me on the phone,or sent me an email wishing me a merry Christmas.;)

Working out a problem on an order with Frozen CPU right now. At first they were hesitant to help me out but then they came around.

They own heatsinkfactory.com as well.

I've always had good experiences with FrozenCPU. They are in NY and I'm in PA, so I get my stuff virtually overnight anyway.

My prior experiences have also been good. I have helped friends order from them numerous times on their builds. I've never really had the need for extreme cooling until now for my own builds.

Customer service is tested when there's a problem. Not when things are going well. There's 50 or more perfect orders that go along with every bad one, no doubt. You got to wonder how much hassle it will be if you become one of those bad orders one day. I know with other companies, like newegg, mistakes are promptly resolved. Not because they're bigger, but because it was built on good customer service policies. Large or small, good companies have good customer service.

Jason

I have ordered from frozen a few times in the past. I once put " i love you guys" in the comments section on the order and there was one of their branded stress squeeze ball things in the box.

I would have rather of had my missing radiator than a branded stress squeeze ball in my box. Put my build off schedule and since I'm leaving town in 3 days, I can't afford any more mishaps. If I break, find something leaks or discover something I forgot to order, my build will not get done until I return home after April 5th. Not what I thought I was paying several hundred dollars for at all.

Jason

I guarantee if you take any company, good or bad, they'll have more pleased customers than disgruntled ones. Think about that a second.

Now, does posting that you've had no bad experiences discount someone else's or make it okay for the company to treat others poorly? Think about it.

Jason

IMO its the anomalies that matter - when things don't work in the standard day-to-day fashion. If a company has bad day-to-day, they're not going to last at all and its a non-issue. But when something happens out of the norm is where I personally look - perfect example is Corsair's reputation, especially on this board. Anyone that has browsed these forums for some time knows all too well how Corsair handles any issues that have come up - RMA's of a better product, replacing other possibly affected components, etc. etc.

Not that its not a good thing to have people post positive reviews, as we tend to often only make a statement if something is negative and not comment on the plus side, but I think you learn more from how the mistakes are treated than when things go as expected.

Prices are a little higher but you're paying for better inventory and better customer service. Although i've never had to deal with customer service because i've never had a problem!

Call or email Mark. He is the owner of fcpu and I would imagine he will be more reasonable. He can be a bit snarky but has always helped me in the past. However annoying fcpu can be I will always buy from them, sidewinder, or jab-tech before hanks house of shit (performance-pcs).

Prices are a little higher but you're paying for better inventory and better customer service. Although i've never had to deal with customer service because i've never had a problem!

Then how do you know they are better????

Mark strikes again! Deal with Sidewinder / Jabtech, they don't screw you around if things don't go according to normal plans..

OP, I've dealt with Mark in the past, guy is a complete douche. I "attempted" to purchase an FT02 from FrozenCPU over a year ago and that didn't happen, horrible customer service and several snarky email exchanges over the course of a week. That lead to a me leaving a review on reseller ratings, which got a response back from Mark within a day or so. In Mark's response he offered to "eat FrozenCPU's mistake" and give me the case for 50% off without any stipulations noted in his response. Being the cheap bastard that I am I said why the hell not, $240 case for $120....no brainer.....right....empty words.

So I emailed Mark about taking him up on his offer, he was highly upset that I shared my experience here on [H] and wanted me to revise my review on reseller ratings. Fair enough, I agreed to revise my review once I received the case, he also wanted me to call him and "work" things out. By "work", he meant begging him for the discount, and proving myself worthy of the 50% off. At this point, it simply wasn't worth it and I definitely wasn't going to give Mark the satisfaction.

Below is the link for my review and Mark's repsonse:

http://www.resellerratings.com/user/mtbush

OP hope I didn't hijack your thread, I just wanted to echo the same sentinent and share my experience. Best of luck, just use Jabtech next time ;)

How can you honestly trust Mark (FCPU) or Hank (Perf-PCS) after they sold counterfeit Lamptron controllers by G-Vans and had the nerve to photoshop awards the Lamptron products earned with G-Vans' name? They also used Lamptron's images and photoshopped Lamptron's name off of the products.

If you read the thread over on OCN you'd also note that Mark flip-flops his stories so much he'd be a grade-A politician! I posted about his flip-flopping asking him what the real story was and the OCN mods deleted my post!

My last order with Frozen CPU did annoy me. I knowingly ordered a Silverstone TJ-08 E from them that is more expensive compared to Amazon/Newegg. I wanted to support the site and I figured the shipping time wouldn't be so bad (They're in NY and I'm in MA). Well it turns out the case is sent out from some place in California. With that huge distance plus taking a few days to get the case shipped out it took over a week to get to my house. I think they even switched out the carrier I wanted to use for delivery. I was mad they didn't list this info specifically for that item. Had they I would of ordered from Newegg as I wanted to bring the case to a LAN I was going to oh well, plus another $20ish in my pocket.

I've ordered some minor items from them in the past (couple fans here and there). No problems to report although they are definitely on the pricey side.

All these post tell me that I really didn't do my due diligence on researching FCPU before purchasing from them. I won't make that mistake again. I have a post like this one on OCN. Some of the comments in favor of FCPU over there makes me wonder how many of the posters work for FCPU. They haven't locked or deleted the thread. I don't see why they would since I don't get emotionally caught up on forums. I can't say the same for other posters there, though.

Jason

Thanks MTBush,

I've also added my review to resellerratings. I also filed a complaint to the BBB of NY and was shocked that FCPU still has an A rating there, dispite all of the poor customer experiences.

Jason

Wow OP I've used Frozen lots of times with no problems & I would have recommended them from my experiences. Sorry to hear of your difficulties with them. I would have expected a post like yours about Performance PCs who wouldn't replace defective out of the box parts they sent me without shipping & restocking charges.

I have ordered allot from them lately and over the last 4 orders I have had ZERO issues. In fact they get orders right out the door even if ordering later in the day. Sure they are a little more $$$ but they almost always have stock on quality items.

I've never had problems with my FrozenCPU orders or customer service. They have a nice site, and great selection of parts too.

Unfortunately, FrozenCPU recently started selling counterfeit Lamptron fan controllers made by a company called G-VANS. FrozenCPU lost my business because they continue to sell counterfeit products.

I have only ordered small things from frozen (fans, filters, wireing, etc) mostly because they are in Rochester and I am only 2 hours west of there so I get my stuff fast. Never had a problem but I will keep this in mind on any big ticket stuff.

Sounds like Jeff ought to be blown out of there... denying next level or management support is bullshit.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've placed several small orders with FrozenCPU and not had any problems. I'll keep this thread in mind when ordering in the future.

I've had very good experiences with Jab-Tech and CoolerGuys.

I hope FrozenCPU has learned their lessons and are determined to be a good shop and practice fair business with all of us.

I have found some very good deals on items that can be hard to find else where.

I hope I don't have an issue with them considering I just spent over $500 with them in the past ten minutes.

huh, i've only used them a handful of times but i've never had an issue. shipping is super fast from them for me because i live pretty close by. i only used them for things i could not find on amazon because i get free two day shipping from amazon, and i liked that i could at least still get my stuff fast from them.

Back