RIAA Wants Google to End Piracy “Whack-A-Mole”

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is painfully obvious that the RIAA has no idea how the internet works.

RIAA CEO Cary Sherman wants search engines to take significant action against pirate sites. The RIAA says Google should implement special anti-piracy measures as copyright holders can't properly take down constantly reappearing links to infringing content. "It’s like 'Groundhog Day' for takedowns," Sherman says.

Maybe the RIAA should build a search engine that is better than the others so people will use their only?

RIAA is sad because the legal formula for take-downs they themselves lobbied for and demanded...is too "hard"?

Fucking cry me a river.

The RIAA says Google should implement special anti-piracy measures as copyright holders can't properly take down constantly reappearing links to infringing content.
I think youtube (aka Google) is proof positive of some system that allows "copyright holders" to automatically take down "infringing content" with no repercussions if (when) they abuse the system that there should not be some system in place for them.

I think Google should agree to this only if all RIAA members agree to stop procedurally generating pop music...

Google should buy the RIAA, do absolutely nothing with it, and then close the services down in a couple years quietly.

Then follow up this winning formula to all other *AAs

And yes, Im aware they can buy em..but damn it'd solve so much.

Ahh,,, Dsylexia... I thought that headline made sense at first.

However if the *AA groups think that Google is the cornerstone of piracy they are sadly mistaken.

The large walls they put around content are the problem. Much like water, consumers take the path of least resistance.

Google should buy the RIAA, do absolutely nothing with it, and then close the services down in a couple years quietly.

Dear god... My next Kickstarter project...

Who wants to help me buy out the RIAA and sell off their assets?

Ahh,,, Dsylexia... I thought that headline made sense at first.

However if the *AA groups think that Google is the cornerstone of piracy they are sadly mistaken.

The large walls they put around content are the problem. Much like water, consumers take the path of least resistance.

lol, but would you waste money on the rights to some shitty rihanna song?

Google won't do it for 2 good reasons.

#1 It'll cost them money.
#2 If people can't find what they want with Google, then they'll go someplace else. This includes pirates.

The RIAA is just wasting their time. Also, who pirates music anyway? Just go to Youtube and you're done.

Even better -- they should KEEP it and transform it into a rebel royalty-free industry with the kind of foothold the RIAA has. :D FREEEEEDOOMMM!!!

Bouncing the ball back into the RIAA’s court, Oyama noted that copyright holders should consider better SEO if they want to improve their search rankings.

Of course, no mention of the fact that Google is making things more difficult for SEOs in the past 6 months or so already. lol

Google needs to do everything they can to stop the RIAA and politically destroy them. If the RIAA were to be successful, it would ruin Google, and people would start taking their searches elsewhere.

so the riaa expects to just sit on its ass and have someone else do their job huh.

Back