Richard Burns Rally PC

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
Maybe old news elsewhere but I just got it and it's great.
While I'm a big CMR fan, RBR is more a sim than Colin McRae.
It's hard but a rewarding challenge.
Graphics are excellent. Running 1280x1024 with 2x/2x.
Spectators help you when you go off the road, helicoper rescues and real car handling physics make this my favorite rally game to date.
Had to order it online [DVD] as I haven't seen it anywhere near me.
Anyone else been playing it?

Are you kidding? I have played it for months will never play another Rally sim unless there will be a RBR 2. I stopped playing Colin MCRae after the second because they turned out as console rubbish.

It has possible the best driving physics as of date I even rank it slightly better then GTR as an example. Thus it does have it´s toll on the CPU with all the calculations going on :).

But you must have a wheel or don´t bother and also don´t be discouraged if you find you spin 550 times / stage. That is probably what all of us do. But you get so into it nothing else exists then you your co driver and your car. And you will get the hang for it.

A tip is to ride from the hood view. Normally I hate that view but in this it gives a better feel of speed and thus it´s easier to keep of the throttle and it´s also easier to position your car as well as giving you twice the frames.

Also try out KSP set ups at www.bhmotorsports.com and some sound mods and don´t skip the rally school.

I guess everyone has their opinion.
I still play CMR 05 online. It's still a lot of fun multiplayer.
My favorite CMR game is CMR 2.
Richard Burns Rally is a sim and therefore inherently difficult to master.
I finished the basic driving school and all but the last test in the advanced rally school of RBR.
I started the rally season coming in 9th in Great Britain but won 1st place in Japan!
The last test of RBR's advanced rally school is harder to finish than any CMR stage.
Uh Oqvist, RBR is really hard with just a gamepad! :eek:

Yes I am not kidding that you really really need a wheel. Or I may say you really really need pedals because pedal work is of far more importance then the wheel action :).

If you don´t have a wheel I say go get RBR and a wheel. If you don´t get a wheel don´t get RBR really. Because this simulates driving WRC cars.

As for multiplayer I have always found it pointless with rally sims. It´s supposed to be lonely. If I want multiplayer and still some rally action I go race rally cross or ice racing.

I was tipped on here to play this game last week, so I ordered off ebay new for $AU10. I was out snowboarding on the weekend, so only got to install it last night. As the others of said, damn lucky i bought my momo force wheel a few weeks ago, even for simple things like left foot braking etc. (The feedback is also fantastic).

I too used to be a big fan of the CMR series, but kinda got tired of being able to go flat out through a stage and not hit anything.

anyway, this game rocks and is going to take me a while to get the hang of, but I'm sure will be rewarding. Those of you who watched the passenger ride at the end of the basic school will agree.

Back