Rigol DS1052E 50MHz Oscilloscope $315 shipped (+tax in OH)

Bomber18

Limp Gawd
Just posted this on slickdeals but figured i'd share this here as well since I know there are some fellow electronics nerds.

"RigolNA.com has the Rigol DS1052E [rigolna.com] 50MHz Oscilloscope for $315 shipped (+tax in OH).

This is the lowest price I've seen on this scope and it's direct from the manufacturer's US side for quicker shipping and warranty support. To get the extra $30 discount hit the "Earn an Extra Discount!" button that appears above the total after you add the scope to your cart. You'll be asked to answer 6 multiple choice questions which are all very easy and easily researched from the provided links.

If you don't know much about scopes this has quickly become the most popular model for hobbies due to it's great value for money and hackability.

Dave Jones on the EEVblog detailed a firmware hack that transforms this into a 100MHz DS1102E [youtube.com] scope. The thread detailing the process is here [eevblog.com]."

http://slickdeals.net/f/3874648-Rigol-DS1052E-50MHz-Oscilloscope-315-shipped-tax-in-OH?p=47233232#post47233232

Last edited:
I havent the faintest what I'd use this for (maybe the first piece in my ghost detection lab), but i have a strong urge to get this so i can "hack it with custom firmware".

I believe this is the one that you can flash to 100MHz. I really should bite on it...

I havent the faintest what I'd use this for (maybe the first piece in my ghost detection lab), but i have a strong urge to get this so i can "hack it with custom firmware".

Its an electrical engineering/technician device. Basically for looking at the wave forms produced by electrical signals. Helps you design or understand circuits.

I believe this is the one that you can flash to 100MHz. I really should bite on it...

This is indeed hackable to 100MHz, I link to the EEVblog forum post on slick deals that details the process.

Oscilloscopes basically let you see electrical signals and there are a pretty vast amount of uses for them.

I have one of these, and really like it. Probably not much use for most forum-goers here, but it's a pretty slick piece of equipment.

By the way, I believe Rygol patched out the ability to flash the 50MHz model to 100MHz. So don't base your buying decision on this.

Back