rip this !

fightingfi

2[H]4U
so im trying to rip a bunch of cd's to mp3 for my truck to jam in but wmp keeps crashing on me not sure why. Im on win 10 Pro 64 bit. is there another or FREE Alternative thats easy to use for my needs? Tankies in Advanced :D

I'm used to using Exact Audio Copy w/LAME but I'm probably behind the times. I know it works at least for my needs. Might try that.

EAC + LAME = about as good as it gets and always has been the 1-2 combo for that ripping purpose.

I use dbPoweramp as well. You can rip a lot of stuff during the free 21 day trial.

I use foobar but you need to download lame too because foobar doesn't come with it out of the box. You just direct foobar to the lame folder and it will then rip the cd to mp3 using the settings you chose.

I use iTunes, very easy to convert cd:s to Apple lossless format. Just plug the cd in, accept the import and in a few seconds (depending on your drive speed) you're done and the cd is now a part of your library.

I use iTunes, very easy to convert cd:s to Apple lossless format. Just plug the cd in, accept the import and in a few seconds (depending on your drive speed) you're done and the cd is now a part of your library.
Does iTunes support MP3 ripping? Many head units only do MP3, or MP3 and WMA.

I haven't used it In a few years but you used to be able to change the file type that you rip to. might just need to dig in the options.

Yes it does. I used to rip to 256kbps MP3 before I switched to lossless. It's a setting in the preferences. You can choose one of several bitrates up to 320kbps I believe.

Back