RivaTuner refuses to detect default clock, help or alternatives?

The Red

[H]ard|Gawd
The top says it all.. for some reason RivaTuner 2.08 refuses to detect my default clock when I hit the hardware overclocking tab.. then hit detect now, and it just flashes and nothing happens..

GPUZ detects my frequencies just fine

is there a good alternative to RivaTuner out there? I mean, for me, using the old control panel and coolbits was enough, i wish i could go back to the same way.

I've tried multiple driver versions and multiple RivaTuner versions... even turned off driver signing to try it, still nothing.

Any help or alternative suggestions?

Expertool is exactly what you need.

Expertool allow you to change shader clock independently?

I'm at work right now, so cant test it.

Honestly, I didnt care about the independent shader changing... what I did care about is how I programmed my gpu fan based on heat through riva, gonna miss that.

I was hoping there would be a way to just make a clock adjusting option appear in the driver options window.

I actually just downloaded Expertool yesterday as well, I just wanted the independent shader adjustment, I didn't check the fan functions.

I had the same problem, on the main screen in RivaTuner select another "generic PnP monitor". Should do the trick.

Assuming your guys have an 8800 series card.......you need to select the proper output in Rivatuner.....if you have it on the output that is NOT connected to your display....it won't "see" the clock speeds.

expertool isnt giving me any clock changing options it seems.. what is going on =/

right click on the icon in the system tray and choose performance, that's where you change clocks.

AHA, fixed everything!

I un-installed my 8800 in my device manger instead of at driver level... and voiala, re-installed driver and every program detects my clocks now.

Thanks all, think I'm keeping the simplicity of Expertool!

Back