RMA question

Cyrinn

n00b
So I had enough of my x1950pro VRM's overheating and I RMA'd it to the etailer I purchased it from. I have had the card for awhile so I could only get it serviced or replaced.

I guess I am lucky, but I never had to RMA anything before. Anyway, I sent EVERYTHING in as instructed: card, cables, cd's, crossfire bridge, etc.

After waiting 2 weeks, I get it back, except all the sent me was the card itself! No retail box, no cables, cd's.... I don't even know what they did...though I suspect they just put some pads on the VRM's. Is it common practice for retailers to do this? Or should they expect an angry phone call from me?

:mad:

This is totally normal.

Almost all retailers specify to ship JUST the damaged product, and nothing else. Can you show us where you were instructed to ship EVERYTHING?

A few retailers will notice your error, and try to ship you the entire thing back, but I stress *few*.

Here's what it says:

"RMA Replacement

If you receive a defective item and would like to exchange it for a replacement of the same make and model, select RMA Replacement. Please note that all packing materials, manuals, diskettes, CDs, digital media, blank warranty cards and other accessories and/or documentation must be included in the original packaging, as provided by the manufacturer, for your return to be processed."

And in an email they sent me:

"Please note that you will incur a deduction for any missing parts or accessories, (i.e., cables, manuals, driver disc, etc.). You must return the item in its entirety. Whatever you originally received in your order is what must be returned."

This general idea was stated a few times.

I would call them and send them and email letting them know the following:

1. Where is your stuff, cables, etc...
2. What did they do to the card?
3 Is this a replacement card?

That is what I would do. I have always had good experience's with RMA's from the manufactures and the Egg. Where did you buy the card? And was the low price worth the RMA hassle?

Thanks for the input :D

I did get it from the Egg.

No, in retrospect, buying the ATI branded card would have been worth the extra $ based on what I have read and heard from friends.

A friend who had an x700 die, possibly from OC'ing, contacted ATi about an RMA, and he had a brand new card within a week, no questions asked. That's service.

Back