RMAed a BFG 8800GTX, Got a 9800 GT OC (1GB) in return

Not quite sure. But anytime I've asked for one, they say they can't do it. NAFTA strikes again. Probably has something to do with draconian customs regulations or something.

From what I understand, they've partnered with a company located in Kahnawake, Québec, for Canadian RMAs. At least thats where I sent my card.

Advanced RMA would be great, but from my experience, the turnaround is really fast. And being able to deal directly with Jeff is a definite plus!

Is Jeff.Kozlowski Polish? Sounds like a Polish name. ;)

I RMA'd my BFG GTX260 last week to Kahnawake. Brand new card too but it was past the 30 day mark so I couldn't return it to the place of purchase. I'm not too happy right now. I'll probably get something back that is all scuffed up and everything too. I hate refurbs. My card was mint except for the fact it was dead. shit...

Last edited:

I RMA'd my BFG GTX260 last week to Kahnawake. Brand new card too but it was past the 30 day mark so I couldn't return it to the place of purchase. I'm not too happy right now. I'll probably get something back that is all scuffed up and everything too. I hate refurbs. My card was mint except for the fact it was dead. shit...

The one I received from BFG (their Kahnawake point of service) was in a relatively nice shape, except for a few scuffs.

Honestly, the card appeared brand new, but the “minimalist” packaging probably did not help. I’m “anal” about my things so I hope the replacement is in a better shape.

Selling the replacement and getting a new card is always an option…

Definitely Polish :D

BTW I responded to your PM's with more details about your RMA.

Ha ha ....I made the news..:)

And Mentok1982..that's a good site you got there...I use it often for comparisons and research...I never knew you ran it....

Indeed I do. It is currently in the process of becoming a great site. Mike (he handles all the
backend junk) is working on rewriting the site from scratch. It is going to look better and work
better than ever before!

hmm. i know bfg cards have lifetime warranties now but did they when the ti4200 and ti4400 cards came out. i purchased it at compusa back then. i know this sounds like a stupid question, but did they have lifetime warranties on them? the fan has quit working on my ti4200 in my backup computer.

hmm. i know bfg cards have lifetime warranties now but did they when the ti4200 and ti4400 cards came out. i purchased it at compusa back then. i know this sounds like a stupid question, but did they have lifetime warranties on them? the fan has quit working on my ti4200 in my backup computer.

Actually those cards did carry the lifetime warranty. BFG has had a lifetime warranty on all of our graphics cards since our inception :)

Get in touch with our support team and they will be able to help you out with that.

That is great news jeff. It is my backup pc/my sons. i really appreciate it.

That would be interesting, what cards they have available still for AGP warrantee's...

I actually had my BFG 880GTX OC2 die a week ago. They've shipped out a replacement and the code on the shipment is GF981024GTXPOCE.

So I'm assuming its a 9800GTX+ OC, doesn't sound too bad to me.

It's great for BFG to have an effective representative in these forums. This guy (Jeff) seems to be on the ball where customer service is concerned.That, in turn represents a "massive" return in repeat business to BFG. Good going guys.

It's great for BFG to have an effective representative in these forums. This guy (Jeff) seems to be on the ball where customer service is concerned.That, in turn represents a "massive" return in repeat business to BFG. Good going guys.

Agree:D
Jeff is very nice and helpful.

so what does this mean if i RMA my BFg 6800 OC that has some annoying noises coming from the fan?

Totally getting a BFG card when my next bout of upgraditis hits. Kudos and thumbs up!

So the question would be is this an equivalent replacement?

More vram, less stream processors, MUCH smaller card. Hard to find any benchmarks of the 1GB OC version.

Although a more adequate replacement would be a 9800 GTX or GTS 250, a 9800 GT is not too far off the 8800 GTX, in terms of performance.

Although a more adequate replacement would be a 9800 GTX or GTS 250, a 9800 GT is not too far off the 8800 GTX, in terms of performance.

The only problem is "not to far off" isn't exactly the same or slightly better ;)

In any case, Jeff has been instrumental in solidifying my now undying love for BFG heh. Really great customer service, which is nice to see in this day and age.

The only problem is "not to far off" isn't exactly the same or slightly better ;)

In any case, Jeff has been instrumental in solidifying my now undying love for BFG heh. Really great customer service, which is nice to see in this day and age.

You would never get the exact same card at this point in time (8800 GTX reached EOL a long time ago), so it would be either slightly faster or slightly slower. You got the latter :)

Nice to know BFG is working to fix and/or improve things

I RMA a BFG 8800U last week, looks like I am getting a GF981024GTXPOCE back tomorrow.

Rma an bfg 8800 gtx oc2 and im getting bfg 9800 gtx+ 1gb.... im wondering if this is a fair trade... since 9800 gtx has 256 bit and 8800 gtx has 386 i beleave.... though the 9800gtx+ 1gb has more memory. i was running sli so they said they would replace my second 8800 for another 9800 gtx1gb. so ill be running 9800 gtx 1gb sli... wounder how that would compare to my 8800 gtx oc2 sli set up.

The GTS 250 should be the default replacement for all 8800/9800 series cards as its whats currently in production and hell, you get more performance with less power/heat which is win-win and BFG prob has less into the 250's than they had with any card being replaced.

Rma an bfg 8800 gtx oc2 and im getting bfg 9800 gtx+ 1gb.... im wondering if this is a fair trade... since 9800 gtx has 256 bit and 8800 gtx has 386 i beleave.... though the 9800gtx+ 1gb has more memory. i was running sli so they said they would replace my second 8800 for another 9800 gtx1gb. so ill be running 9800 gtx 1gb sli... wounder how that would compare to my 8800 gtx oc2 sli set up.

Something should be done when a customer is running Sli. If anything they should take your working 2nd card in trade for another 9800GTX+ or whatever you have and when they find out your card is working they can use it to replace the next person that sends in a dead 8800GTX or whatever.

for anyone running dual sli, an option that would probably give you better performance than, say, an 8800gt sli setup would be to run physx. instead of specifically requesting an 8800gt to go with the other, get the gtx260 or whatever they send you, and use it for gpu. then run the 8800gt you had as a physx card. should give much better performance at least for high settings. not really an option for tri-sli owners though.

oh, and huge props to bfg. i was really pleased to see how jeff handled this guys problem.

yeah they will replace my other 8800 gtx oc2. my question is is the 9800 gtx+ 1gb sli give me similar performance than my 8800 gtx oc2 sli? better or worst? i play at 1920x1200 and planning to move to the 2560x1600 pretty soon. i know (2) 8800 gtx in sli usually can handle 2560x1600 with decent frame rates.... dont know if 9800 gtx 1gb sli would do similar... thanks for reply :)

specs
GPU NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GTX+
Core Clock 750MHz (vs. 738MHz standard)
Shader Clock 1836MHz
Shader Model 4.0
Texture Fill Rate 48 Billion/sec.
Stream Processors 128

Memory
Video Memory 1GB (1024MB)
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Data Rate 2000MHz
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Bandwidth 64GB/sec.

8800 oc2 specs

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX
Core Clock 626MHz (vs. 575MHz standard)
Shader Clock 1450MHz (vs. 1350MHz standard)
Shader Model 4.0
Texture Fill Rate 40 billion/sec.
Stream Processors 128

Memory
Video Memory 768MB
Memory Type GDDR3
Memory Clock 2000MHz (vs. 1800MHz standard)
Memory Bandwidth 96GB/sec.

my old 8800 oc2 has more memory bandwidth 96gb vs 64gb and

also 8800 gtx has 384-bit memory interface vs 256-bit on the 9800 gtx+ 1gb

The 9800GTX+ would beat the 8800GTX in everything. Also those specs for the 9800GTX+ are wrong, it has 1.1ghz memory ( 2200mhz effective ) which makes for 70.4 gbps mem bw

Sigh makes me sad I left Nvidia :( Had nothing but good stories out of EVGA/BFG. Though now that XFX has stepped up to the plate on ATI cards, wonder how their RMA service is.

cool! so it sounds like i got a little upgrade! i actually got the specs from the bfg site... i think 1gb version has a lower memo clock. i could be wrong though. i did notice the 512 mb says 2200 mhz...

cool! so it sounds like i got a little upgrade! i actually got the specs from the bfg site... i think 1gb version has a lower memo clock. i could be wrong though. i did notice the 512 mb says 2200 mhz...

Should only take you 5 minutes to DL Rivatuner 2.24 and OC the mem to 2.2ghz if that is the case. I miss my old XFX 9800GTX+ That card did 840/2500 without blinking @_@

altough i wish i would have gotten the gtx 260 instead of 9800 gtx+ 1gb :( i know alot of people who rma 8800 gtx and ultras get the 260 as a replacement :( i guess i am out of luck!

Back