Roadmap question - Zen+ APUs?

Doward

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking around @ various AMD roadmaps, and I'm not seeing mention of Zen+ (2nd gen Ryzen) APUs.

Anyone got any info? Wife's finally going to let me upgrade her Ivy Bridge system - thinking a Zen+ APU would be just the ticket for what she plays (D3, Torchlight, etc)

Thanks!

Picasso, the successor of Raven Ridge, based on the Zen+ architecture will be launched in 2019 around the same time as Matisse, the successor of Pinnacle Ridge, based on the Zen 2 architecture.

Wow, damn. Alright, no point in waiting quite *that* long, then. R5 2400G it is. Thanks!

Looking around @ various AMD roadmaps, and I'm not seeing mention of Zen+ (2nd gen Ryzen) APUs.

Anyone got any info? Wife's finally going to let me upgrade her Ivy Bridge system - thinking a Zen+ APU would be just the ticket for what she plays (D3, Torchlight, etc)

Thanks!

The raven ridge parts already have most of the zen+ improvements.

Picasso, the successor of Raven Ridge, based on the Zen+ architecture will be launched in 2019 around the same time as Matisse, the successor of Pinnacle Ridge, based on the Zen 2 architecture.

Zen+ isn't Zen2.

The current models are the zen+ apu's.

current apu's are zen first gen 14nm. they do have the updated precision boost though.

Along with the updated cache timings etc. The only thing not zen+ about them is that they're not 12nm, they have all the rest of the zen+ features. Possibly because they didn't want to risk Vega and Ryzen on 12nm at the same time on the same chip?

Back