Rock Band DLC thread

unhappy_mage

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005
So there's new DLC out: "New" by No Doubt, and the whole Texas Flood album from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble.

I'm mostly a drummer of late, and the SRV stuff is boring in that regard. It'd be tremendously easy if it wasn't for the annoying left hand stuff in 2/3 of the songs ("Texas Flood" being a notable exception, I liked that one). It's all fun on guitar, though---"Dirty Pool" with its quick strumming is my favorite for its perfect (for me) combination of hard parts and fun parts. Difficulty on drums ranges from hard-to-keep-awake-but-fun to really hard.

"New" is a whole different story. I didn't even try the guitar after I saw the drum part. It's a heck of a lot of fun if you can keep up (which I *almost* can). Highly recommended.

PS: I dunno how many people are into the rhythm games, so if nobody posts I'll let this die quietly.

If you like the drum's you should check out GH:world tour, there's a lot more drum heavy tracks on there (harder rock/metal).

And Metallica GH comes out the 23rd of this month and that would be the definition of drum tracks.;)

I've got somewhere near 300 downloadable tracks for RockBand 2 and I'll agree, they are extremely fun games to play. I usually play guitar, but just started playing the drums in the game so I'm starting off on hard to get the hang of the songs and then I'll move up to expert.

There are PLENTY of drum heavy tracks on RockBand if you want them. The library is like at least twice the size of GH's.

I've got somewhere near 300 downloadable tracks for RockBand 2 and I'll agree, they are extremely fun games to play. I usually play guitar, but just started playing the drums in the game so I'm starting off on hard to get the hang of the songs and then I'll move up to expert.

There are PLENTY of drum heavy tracks on RockBand if you want them. The library is like at least twice the size of GH's.

True their are plenty in RB2 if you buy the license to import your RB1 disc and you buy the dl songs. Trust me I've probably got around 300 as well but RB is much less of a challenge than GH. And if you buy the Death Magnetic add on for world tour the game becomes 75% metal/hard rock tracks. There's a lot of light stuff in RB1/2. I

I really have been playing GH world tour more now than RB just for the better audio quality on the tracks. The audio quality on GH WT is much better than RB I wish it wasn't but ow well.

If you like the drum's you should check out GH:world tour, there's a lot more drum heavy tracks on there (harder rock/metal).
I have a lot harder time reading the drum notes in WT. I get 5* every time on Spiderwebs in RB2, but I have trouble even getting through it in WT. I like the RB gameplay better, too (star power works much better, for example).
And Metallica GH comes out the 23rd of this month and that would be the definition of drum tracks.;)
Bah. Lars can suck it.

Also in the 300+ club :p I started on guitar, too, but I find the drums more challenging and more fun.

Back