Rock Band Special Edition - $99 @ K-mart

BIGJ

Gawd
Hey all, I saw this in their weekly ad, I cannot find s scan of it anywhere but if you can get a hold of their weekly ad it is in there, anyway, I am about to head out to BB and have them price match it, I'll let you know how it goes, oh yea, and it is for all three next gen systems!

Well yeah, they need to rid stock before RB2 comes out. I saw Wal Mart had a "rollback" too.

dang, you sure its for the wii too? this just came out not long ago for the wii, hard to believe they would drop the price so quick.

dang, you sure its for the wii too? this just came out not long ago for the wii, hard to believe they would drop the price so quick.

lol, actually, BB already has the wii version for $99 this week...just not the other versions

Yeah, it keeps tempting me, but since the guitars aren't compatible with GH I think I'll pass on this one and wait for GH:WT. WT will have DLC, home made song sharing, a music editor, 85+ master tracks, etc. Hopefully the equipment on the next series of games are cross compatible, then I'll probably get both.

yea i was holding out for world tour also, but i think i would snag it for 99 bucks...i was looking at rock band wii last night, and all the stores around here are still at 169.

Yeah, it keeps tempting me, but since the guitars aren't compatible with GH I think I'll pass on this one and wait for GH:WT. WT will have DLC, home made song sharing, a music editor, 85+ master tracks, etc. Hopefully the equipment on the next series of games are cross compatible, then I'll probably get both.

I thought the guitars were going to work with GH:WT? Or was it just the drums?

I'm less willing to support the company that caused the incompatibilitys. Rock band at least worked with the guitar hero equipment (the ps3 issue was again caused by GH).

The sad thing is we own every copy of guitar hero for the ps2 and 360 up until the most recent one. It gets a little frustrating when they are so upfront about trying to take your money.

I'm less willing to support the company that caused the incompatibilitys. Rock band at least worked with the guitar hero equipment (the ps3 issue was again caused by GH).

The sad thing is we own every copy of guitar hero for the ps2 and 360 up until the most recent one. It gets a little frustrating when they are so upfront about trying to take your money.

And it's Rock Band's (harmonix) fault the stuff isn't compatible w/ the Wii (at least this time around). We also only know that the RB drums are comp w/ 360 version of WT, it looks like Guitar Hero/Activision are playing nice, the question is will Rock Band?

Guys the $99 is ONLY for the PS2 version. The ad is quite fuzzy about it but right below the $99 price it shows the next gen systems at $170. So, F kmart.

lmao! I got them to ring me up the 360 version @ 99.99. It did ring up originally @ 169.99.

It does look like the ad is really only for the ps2 version, though.

Any success getting this for $99 for 360 (either at K-Mart or PM elsewhere)? I really want it but I don't wanna pay $170.

Yes, the set in the ad is for the PS2, which has been $99 for awhile now. Good job to those who were successful PMing to another store. I know I've done this a a few times with Sears...

Wal-Mart is also carrying this $99 deal. And yes, it is only the PS2 version.

As is Best Buy. Neither BB nor Kmart would honor the $99 price for the PS3/360 version for me in central NJ last night. If someone finds someone who will, I'm in for 3. Seriously. I need one for myself, one for my sister, and one for a charity event for my fire company.

Fucking wal mart, I dont like rock band but my sister wanted it looked it up online 100$ at every store in town, called them to make sure they said yeah we got em its 100$ I get to 4 stores and all of then are 160 and they wont price match with the internet or any other stores, had to end up driving all over town to get one but I got one for her fucking birthdays!

Note: PS2 instruments are compatible with the PS3. So essentially you'd be better off buying the PS2 version, trading-in the game and buying a used copy for the PS3...

I believe they are exactly the same. The only difference I suspect is that the PS3 version might utilize USB ports...otherwise same style, same material.

Back