Rocketfish computer case.... LIAN LI :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8428604&st=rocketfish&type=product&id=1183160363476

do any of you guys know if the you can remove the rocketfish emblem on the front? It is some sort of sticker? thanks in advance.

I'm amazed that 'Rocketfish' embarrasses you. I still can't understand how people actually care about 'image'. If it works just as good and looks as good... then I would be bragging about my rocketfish and how I saved money on it.

Oh, I did buy one. It only cost me $100. Not too bad for a case this size. I'm not worried about people finding out that its not a name brand.

I'm amazed that 'Rocketfish' embarrasses you. I still can't understand how people actually care about 'image'. If it works just as good and looks as good... then I would be bragging about my rocketfish and how I saved money on it.

Oh, I did buy one. It only cost me $100. Not too bad for a case this size. I'm not worried about people finding out that its not a name brand.

WHOA...slow down there. I apologize if I've provoked you in anyway. I just love how you jumped into conclusions. "Embarass?" C'mon! Who cares about what kind of case they have, if it serves an individuals' purpose and needs and reflects on what they personally like, I'd say that's what really matters, Regardless of "brand name." Did it ever occur to you that others share the same interests as well?

quote from: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031642759#post1031642759
It's designed fine, I just like things w/o emblems/logo on it (like cars and clothes), it feels more clean, I don't know if others share the same feelings but when it comes to this case, I'd rather have the bezel vs. have two brands of different optical drives in different colors on the bays. I hope this kind of makes sense, I explained a little more elaborately in my other posts. I love Lian-Li products, have nothing against them, please don't get me wrong about the question of removing the emblem. Thanks for the response :D

samething applies with RocketFish. you sure make it sound like i care about what people think...completely wrong. I mean, who is there to impress, do i carry my case with me everywhere i go? regardless of any of these reasons, the point is that everyone has their unique style and taste. Some prefer having a lot of lights on their cases, some like it plain and "classy" looking. Some like to spend a lot on their case, others rather invest more on whats inside the case, than the chassis/enclosure.

quote from: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031740644#post1031740644
i'd love it w/o all the printed text. But i have a feeling the color in blacks would be off with the lian-li black. I like it sleek and clean, I even took off the lian-li emblem. all clean black aluminum. There should be a thread dedicated to clean and classy looking set-ups.

it's the little things that bother me, especially the logos, for example, my hard drive enclosure, it'd be so much better without the "glory" and "enermax' printed on it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...lack+3.5"+USB+2.0+External+Enclosure+-+Retail

anyway...sugar cube? < anyone had luck with that?

In case you're still insisting on thinking otherwise, I was the one responsible for starting this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1255915

GO "brag" along n00bie, you even said it yourself. Whatever will suffice your happiness, just know that making those such comments are only setting yourself up for an unpleased response. You should feel fortunate and thankful other [H] members actually tolerate it.

I didn't feel provoked at all. I was simply surprised by someone wanting to take off the tag. If it doesn't embarrass you then all you have to say is, "I just like cases without the stickers."
Sounds like you are getting a little worked up over a 'noobies' (most retarded term ever) perception of a statement.

On the other hand... this isn't what this thread is about so I'll end my involvment in this situation.

Well, I conned a BB employee ( a buddy of mine) into opening the box. I was not able to gat any photos of it but have decided to get one for my gaming pc. When I get it, prolly this weekend, I will get a bunch of pics for posting. From what I saw in store, it is a great case.

Well, I conned a BB employee ( a buddy of mine) into opening the box. I was not able to gat any photos of it but have decided to get one for my gaming pc. When I get it, prolly this weekend, I will get a bunch of pics for posting. From what I saw in store, it is a great case.

Look forward to seeing your pics! Thanks for sharing.

The retail price on this beast is now down to $119. I am so tempted, with a 12% off coupon burning a hole in my mail pile...

Look forward to hearing/seeing more hands-on experiences.

The retail price on this beast is now down to $119. I am so tempted, with a 12% off coupon burning a hole in my mail pile...

It has been awhile since I last talked about this, from what I recall, it takes E-ATX (Extended ATX) motherboards?

It has been awhile since I last talked about this, from what I recall, it takes E-ATX (Extended ATX) motherboards?

Yes, the specs say that it works with micro-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX boards. Makes sense since it is a full tower. All my cases so far have been mid-towers.

I love my Rocketfish. It's the best case I've ever had. Just be sure to open the carton and test the door before you take it home. My first one had a defect that caused the upper door to scrape the front of the case when it was opened. It made a god awful screeching sound like nails on a chalkboard and it rubbed the aluminium bare after only a few open-close cycles. The second one was fine. The customer service guys said they hadn't had any other returns but it's a pain to make two trips.

My only other comment is that the 3.5 drive cages are placed a little far away if you're running PATA drives and an mATX case. Stock length PATA cables barely reach the front cage. I had to mount two drives upside down to make it work.

Back