ROG Phone 7

It is an ASUS phone.
👉 One should be asking if carriers are going to certify this phone for VoLTE. You are not likely to see reviewers address that.

Have earlier ASUS phones not worked? I feel I've seen a few on T-Mob...

Weird. I know Asia & India are huge these days, but I can't wrap my head around someone voluntarily skipping the US.

Weird. I know Asia & India are huge these days, but I can't wrap my head around someone voluntarily skipping the US.
Where does it say they're skipping the US? The website says "coming soon" and several American websites have reviewed it.

I just want it to come out so I can get a deep discount on a ROG Phone 6.

Badly phrased on my part- I mean that it's not being engineered for our networks (since everyone is VoLTE these days AFAIK). I know their older phones have worked for the most part, but the LTE to WiFi handoff didn't as far as I know. But I'll admit that it's something that most people won't notice or care about un daily use (as long as they have good cell service).

I can't say I saw issues with the recent rog phone 6 in the us when I was looking at reviews online, I have a 6 but haven't used it on wireless yet only wifi.

I can't say I saw issues with the recent rog phone 6 in the us when I was looking at reviews online, I have a 6 but haven't used it on wireless yet only wifi.
The issue is some carriers like AT&T are not certifying unlocked ASUS phones for VoLTE for some reason. That is going to be an issue as they shutdown their 2G and 3G networks.

Doesn't seem much of an improvement if you already own the ROG 6, and according to reviews it takes at least an hour to charge the phone from 0 to 100% compared to its predecessor the ROG 6 which only takes at least 40 minutes or so which is rather disappointing to see a longer charge which is a downgrade from it's predecessor.

I love my ROG 6 phone and I don't see the point of upgrading to ROG 7.

It's launched in the US now. Newegg and Amazon have it in stock, in addition to ASUS' own US store.

Back