ROM flashing - step by step guide?

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Hey [H]orde,
Was wondering is anyone has experience with ROM flashing, and knows where I can find a step by step guide that would be easy for a friggin' gradeschooler to follow.

I have an LG G3 D850 (AT&T), and its support topped out at Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. There are some existing 7.1.1/7.1.2 Nougat ROMs out there for this model, and I'm very interested in moving to it.

How the hell do I git 'er dun?

There are a few different roms out there for you device. Lineage and Resurrection as the two most popular. A quick Google search will teach you how to do them. There aren't many steps and most children could do it these days.

The LG G3 subforum at XDA-Developers would be the best source for all that information I would recommend:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3

It's not necessarily an easy process, mind you, but the guides are there, fairly well written, and it's honestly not that tough start to finish as long as you follow the steps provided - but I would caution you not to just jump in with the first post and instructions/steps but also read the thread(s) for whatever action you're attempting. Some of them can have hundreds if not thousands of posts so, reading at least the first 40 posts is highly recommended as they'll usually have a lot info about problems, issues, fixes, corrections, and other such useful tidbits - the ends of the threads will be more recent posts with people trying new things, having new issues, etc.

Back