Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard w/Cherry Black $47.99 AC

Antiflash

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201045
Price $59.99 - $12 coupon = $47.99
Coupon Code: EMCXVWV234
Probably the lowest price for a Mech KB yet. (without rebates)
Known by its fragile mini-USB port that almost all reviews complain that will fail within a few months.
There are some reports that Rosewill have addressed the issue with added glue to the port soldered connections but I don't know it is confirmed or enough for a flaw design.
I took my chances and ordered one because I had a $10 gift card laying around. For me $37 dollars is low enough to try my first mechanical.

NOTE: Code is for 20% off all Rosewill Keyboards. The Blacks were just he cheaper ones but you can opt to pay a little more for other switches that suits your tastes.

I've got the Rosewill w/ Blues, paid around the same price. I absolutely love this keyboard.

have to go read again to remember black vs brown vs red vs blue

would like something close to my beloved quietkeys RT7D5JTW

I bought a Rosewell Mechanical with Blue, it was DOA. My brother bought one, it was dead in 1 week.

Be careful, they don't' seem to be manufactured well.

I was looking to get one of these until I read further into them. These keyboards have an Achilles heel in the mini USB port they use to connect to your PC with (they have no cable soldered to the board like most keyboards). They are VERY weak and will eventually break or stop working.

I have one at home and one at work, with each having been used heavily for 1 year and 6 months, respectively. I absolutely love these keyboards, and have not had a single issue with either of them.

I have one at home and one at work, with each having been used heavily for 1 year and 6 months, respectively. I absolutely love these keyboards, and have not had a single issue with either of them.

All of the reviews from the time period you got yours looks good. My assumption is that in the last year they changed something or possibly a manufacturing defect.

I had one that was hard wired. It was great. Then my cat puked on it.
I bought one with the USB cable port on the back. USB port came lose and keyboard died 1 month later.

All of the reviews from the time period you got yours looks good. My assumption is that in the last year they changed something or possibly a manufacturing defect.

That's possible, but when I first started looking to buy one, there were already reports of the USB port coming undone. Maybe I am not as rough on the port as some people.

For what it's worth, you can hot glue the port back in place. I saw a thread on geekhack a while ago. It looked like a very simple, quick fix. It's pretty lame though that it happens in the first place.

That's possible, but when I first started looking to buy one, there were already reports of the USB port coming undone. Maybe I am not as rough on the port as some people.

For what it's worth, you can hot glue the port back in place. I saw a thread on geekhack a while ago. It looked like a very simple, quick fix. It's pretty lame though that it happens in the first place.

From what I understand they changed the way they mounted the micro usb port on the keyboard and this is no longer as much of an issue as in the past.

Anyone looking for blues, I recommend this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=2

Had it for a few months. Feels extremely sturdy.

Last edited:
I went with the brown switches for $61.03 shipped. Seems reasonable enough. Thanks for posting.

Well, I just paid $90 for my RK-9000 with browns a week ago. I think it's worth it. At least thats what I tell myself when I see deals like this :rolleyes:

Personally went for the Browns myself for $55.99 shipped. Always wanted to get my hands on a cheap Brown, plus for some reason the white Brown ships to NY while the others still don't so I don't exactly have much choice in the matter anyway. ;)

And I thought I was getting a good deal for the Rosewill MX Brown at $79.99, and the Rosewill MX Black at 64.99 when I got both a month ago :(

Back