Router: Remote Managment

J4M3S0N79

Gawd
Hi All.
I have a network that (amongst other things) consists of a D-Link DGL4300 and an older D-Link DI624.

The cable modem connects to the 4300, and I can remotely manage my 4300 from anywhere using a non-standard port.

The 624 is hooked up like a switch (nothing going into the WAN jack) to the 4300 and I have the internal IP set to a diferent IP than the 4300.

Now, I can manage the 624 from inside the network, but not from the outside. I have tried port forwarding, routes...everything. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Setup a vpn so that you can manage your hardware from inside the network from anywhere.

If Ping works from inside the network, it should work from anywhere. Ping, arp -a, then all you need is the mac address, ip address and subnet mask. Your firewall may be blocking, disable it to check.

Give it another port, and forward that port to it thru the 4300. Should work. EX, give the 4300 port 8080, and the 624 8081. There should be a setting in there somewhere to change the port?

If you have a PC that's on all the time, just RDP in and hit it.

Thanks All.

I have tried the different ports, that does not work.
The RDP method works, but is certainly not ideal....it is what I use today. Oh well.

Back