Rubber Duckie Trophy pic

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
Anyone have a good, large image of the trophy?
I'm also looking for some info on the history (Who created the contest, image, history, etc)

Thanks.

Rubber duck trophy for the 1st team that we exchanged a few times with OCAU before ?

Anyone have a good, large image of the trophy?
I'm also looking for some info on the history (Who created the contest, image, history, etc)

Thanks.

I'll look, might have it somewhere.

In addition, let me thank you for the Rubber Ducky song now running through what's left of my mind.........:rolleyes:

Got it

relictrophy.jpg

Rubber Ducky your the one
You make bath time lots of fun....

This could be dirty if your mind was in the gutter..... good thing this is the [H] and we keep that kinda stuff to a minimum :p

Guess the rubber duck have a new friend called Spider ???

[H]ello my friends.

I thought i might help you guys out.

Bollocks posted on our forums 11th June 2002
I have suggested over in the[H] forums that we have a virtual Folding Cup that gets passed to the leading team when there is a position swap that lasts more than 24 hours. I have suggested calling it the relic trophy. what do you think to that?

So i guess this is where the initial idea was born. Can you search that far back on your forums?

Also on the 26th June 2002

[QUOTE='relic[H]
It's time for OCAU to take back #1.

Of course, if you bunch of slack-jawed, lead-rumped, wallaby-screwing, aged grandmothers aren't up to the task, I'll understand. ;)

So what's it going to be?
Are you guys going to Fold or fold?[/QUOTE]

Bollocks said:
relic the man who has is stirring the pot on both sides of the fence. I like your style and commitment to this game of oneupmanship we are playing, first you stir your own team up and get them firing then come over to the other side and get us fired up as well (not that we needed you to do that anyway).

I know what you are doing and its all good for the cause which hopefully is finding a cure to many a dreaded disease. It is your dedication to this end that we admire and respect. You are a credit to your team and to the folding world, we appreciate you popping in here and giving us a good read no matter how sad it may be sometimes, because you inspire us to do better and remind us of why we do what we do.

To you relic I doff my hat.

As a mark of respect we have for you I suggested before that we have a virtual trophy for the team that takes the lead an holds it for more than 24hrs. This trophy I suggested be called the relic trophy, what do you say to that.

[QUOTE='relic[H]
Wow. Um, really?
I'd consider that an honor (honour ;) ).

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much exactly how it happened. It is one of the reasons that everything is "relics" fault;)

Back