(rumor ish) Best Buy wii/ps3 restocks 12/20

Presto88

Limp Gawd
My brother works for the best buy in commack (long island) and he told me that they have about 100 ps3's (not sure if thats an exact number or not) and are expecting around 50 wii's all for sale on christmas eve.

Should be considered a rumor because he didn't have exact numbers.

Should be correct since I heard that Sony was able to ship out about 100k units to the US a few days ago.

I asked the guy at target at lunch and he said he didn't think they were getting any more wii shipments before christmas but that it was likely that they would get at least 1 PS3 shipment (which he said would proabably be only a few units)

Dang, i wanted a wii for my daughter (10 yrs) but couldnt find one. BB said they were sold out & wouldnt get any more in till after xmas. So i bought her a x360, now we are a two 360 family. :D May try going back on xmas eve & seeing if i can find a wii.

K1llaB said:
Dang, i wanted a wii for my daughter (10 yrs) but couldnt find one. BB said they were sold out & wouldnt get any more in till after xmas. So i bought her a x360, now we are a two 360 family. :D May try going back on xmas eve & seeing if i can find a wii.

good luck to you sir

K1llaB said:
This is what anywhere will tell you. It is just a statement to cover their ass. They will likely get more Wiis in over the weekend, like they have every weekend since it was released. I don't know if Christmas Eve is your best bet, though. "Eve" probably isn't the best term, at least. Sunday morning when the doors open probably is. Which means camp, or try your luck with showing up a few minutes early.

K1llaB said:

Call on saturday or go to the store, talk to a manager. Then prepare to camp out for at least 6 hours, likely more. If you aren't prepared to wait that long, then save yourself the effort and give up.

if i am out sat or sun, i will have a look. otherwise, im not going out of my way. then i would have to go back & return the other x360 which means waiting in 2 lines. i wasnt too impressed w/ games for younger kids on the 360 but maybe things will start to be released quicker. figured the nintendo normally has better selection for the younger crowds.

K1llaB said:
if i am out sat or sun, i will have a look. otherwise, im not going out of my way. then i would have to go back & return the other x360 which means waiting in 2 lines. i wasnt too impressed w/ games for younger kids on the 360 but maybe things will start to be released quicker. figured the nintendo normally has better selection for the younger crowds.

Viva Pinata

[update]

apparently the word has come down from sony that best buy is not allowed to sell until new years eve. (!?)

and now hes not sure if they will get more wii's

Just got back from the Walmart on Hulen st in Fort Worth (DFW). There is a sign in the PS3 display case that says they have 60gb PS3's in stock. I was in that area for about 45 mins and did not see anyone buying it. So if you are in the area and cant get one anywhere else, you might try there.

I posted the other day that the costco's in my area miraculously had a pallet of ps3's. Was kinda surprised of all places.

There was an online report of TRU having Wii's on Friday, but many of them just sold them asap today.

I managed to pick up a wii nunchuk as an xmas gift for a friend.

flapbreaker said:
I posted the other day that the costco's in my area miraculously had a pallet of ps3's. Was kinda surprised of all places.

I was at Costco Last night and overheard a laday ask an emploee about the Wii. The employee stated that they were supposed to get some in before christmas, but she didnt know when, so keep checking your local costco.

Back