Running 4.1?

Nick_Leo

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking of getting a pair of the best buy insignia speakers and running a 4.1 setup with my x-ls as the front.
These

I just want some sound coming from the back and i figure it would be better for pretty much everything. what do you guys think about getting them after i get a new sub? (sub will prob be the bic-100 or whatever its called)

Is your setup for music/HT/gaming?
Pretty much all of that. Mostly music and games and movies but i norm watch movies on my 37incher in bed so i guess u can say music and games. I dont really want 5.1 as theres no room for a center.

Your setup sounds very similar to mine.
X-LS encores for the stereo speakers, insignias to fill out 6.1 surround. My receiver does do some EQ compensation, though.

I'm running a 4.0 setup right now and really do miss having a center channel. Even with the receiver splitting the center channel to the left and right fronts, I can tell it isn't quite 'right.' It is good enough most of the time, but it is noticeable.

The centers primary function is to anchor sound to the center of the screen, especially for off axis listeners, which isn't an issue for a PC because you're sitting right in front of it.

So is it worth it to go 4.1 and possibly add a center? the only prob is i dont realy have a spot for it.
IMG_0543.jpg

Back