Running dual disk controllers with Sil 3125 Chipset

aye29

Weaksauce
I have a computer with a Syba SD-SATA2-4IR PCI SATA II 4x Internal Ports RAID Controller with SIL3124 Chipset and I just added second identical card but the second card does not seem to be recognized. The second card does not show up in device manager and the disks attached to the new card don't show up in the disk manager. Is it possible to use two of the same controller cards on a single motherboard or can I only use one at a time?

I tried to manually install the driver and now it shows up in device manager but it give me an error saying the device cannot start.

Have you tried removing the confirmed working SIL controller and leaving the second one in? If the second one still doesn't start, might be defective.

I know the card is working because I tried a different Syba card with a Sil3512 chip and it gives me the same error. The device status says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I'm running everything on a Jetway M26GT4 motherboard. Both PCI slots are being used by SATA cards and the PCI-E slot is empty.

Last edited:
Back