running monitors and sub together off pc soundcard

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
So one of my klipsch bookshelves is blown yet again. That leaves me to using my Swan monitors again, which means i can't run them with my denon receiver, which means i am stumped on how to use my sub.

If i'm using my PC soundcard, which has a channel for a sub, would that works for outputting to monitors and sub at same time?

How would i accomplish this? I've heard of using a y splitter on the left/right audio output but this seems like it would work better. Feed the monitors with the green output, and the sub with the black pre-out.

I do not have option of running everything through sub.

On my linux desktop I had that setup and it worked fine. But I feel like it might of been pushing stereo to all the outputs, because my audio setup was left at 2.1

I bought a usb dac for my brothers windows laptop last year, and with output being stereo the sub out wouldn't work, and setting it to enable 5.1 would make the voices and stuff from the center speaker not exist.

For my current laptop I just ended up doing a y-splitter. The only negative I noticed is reduced volume due to loss.

Just some things to keep in mind.

Back