?'s for experienced modders.

UN0

n00b
#1. I tried searching the forums for buffering, buffing, polishing etc... I still havent found my answers if anyone could point me towards a little tutorial on buffing out a shine on a aluminum case that would be awesome.

#2. The big question really...I was looking at this case mod click and firstly it's amazing :D secondly he refers to the Orac3 (it's right at the beginning of the post) and how he uses chrome wire loom to hide his cables. I want to use some of those for an upcoming mod which I will be posting in the worklogs but for the life of me I can't figure this out. Does he build little boxes to fit in his 3.25 bays where he then re-routes the wires? Or does he just run them from the drives and PSU etc...? It looks so amazing how he accomplished it and I would like to achieve the same effect. Because quite frankly I HATE WIRES!!!! :mad:

Any help would be awesome everyone here seems to know quite a bit thanks!
-UNO

He's created some chromed boxes, one at the power supply and one in a 3.5" bay, and uses that as a power splitter.

There is a commercial power supply that has the same idea, but damned if I can find a link to it. Sorry.

well, I wasnt so much worried about the power splitter as I was how he connected the wire looms to something (whatever it may be) so there was a clean fit and no sharp edges and it all appeared pretty sturdy and clean. Anybody know?

it just looks like her has the bolt wiht a molex stickin out of it. they just fit really tight looks very good.

Check this picture out and you can see a close up of how the ends are done. All he did was just sleeve the wire right up to the molex.

Back