S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Limited Edition

I want to buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Limited Edition for the multiplayer maps, but the place where i usually buy my games from in the UK doesn't have it in stock. So, i was wondering, since i already know the codes to unlock the multiplayer maps, can i just buy the normal version of the game and use the codes with it? What i'm asking is, can anyone with the normal version of the game tell me if it's possible to use the mutliplayer map codes, or if it's only possible to use them with the Limited Edition version.

Thank you.

BUMP.

Can somebody with the normal version of the game check if the codes (snork and pseudodog) work, or even if they can be entered at all, please?

http://www.games32.com/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Shadow-of-Chernobyl-(PC)-Tips-and-Tricks/p2001_articleid/14

Go to "Setup-bp" in your main S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dir. Chose your language and for Password # 1 input "pseudodog" to unlock the multiplayer map Pool as well as the UK and US military multiplayer skins. For Password # 2 input "snork" to unlock the multiplayer map Dark Valley as well as the French and German military multiplayer skins. These codes are working only on the limited version.

Thank you, Met-AL. I read something similar to that earlier, which is why i'm querying this. I didn't know if it meant that the codes only came with the limited edition version, or whether it more obviously meant that they don't actually work with the normal version. I guess it's the latter, then.

So, if i assume it isn't possible to enter the codes with the normal version, will i be missing out on much? Are the multiplayer maps which you unlock with the limited edition version even that good?

I have the Radiation Collectors Edition and I've unlock the maps and I have to say your not missing out on anything!

The pool level just plainy sucks, I think Dark Valley was ok, but the maps already have are better.

at least in the US version it is possible yes.

So with the normal version of the game it's still possible to enter the codes, right?

I have the Radiation Collectors Edition and I've unlock the maps and I have to say your not missing out on anything!

The pool level just plainy sucks, I think Dark Valley was ok, but the maps already have are better.

Ah, that's not too bad then. So even if the normal UK version doesn't allow me to enter the codes, i won't be missing much anyway. Although, it'd still be nice if i could use the codes with the normal version.

Thanks guys.

you have to have this file!,

Oh, i thought you just had to enter the codes. I did actually have the limited edition version a while ago, but i had to send it back because it didn't work. Although i never actually got it working, it allowed me to enter the codes but it never said anything about that file. Thank you, though.

So, what do you have to do exactly to unlock the maps; enter the codes then double click on that file, or what?

So with the normal version of the game it's still possible to enter the codes, right?
Thanks guys.

correct, running the 'standard' eddition and i was able to unlock the maps... now if only it was a bit easier to make maps I'd be a happier camper... Sniper, whatever.

correct, running the 'standard' eddition and i was able to unlock the maps... now if only it was a bit easier to make maps I'd be a happier camper... Sniper, whatever.

Ah, great. You've just saved me £10!

Do you just click Start --> Programs --> THQ etc. and enter the codes from one of the sub-menus?

Ah, great. You've just saved me £10!

Do you just click Start --> Programs --> THQ etc. and enter the codes from one of the sub-menus?

I belive there was a seperate option in the start menu to open up these maps, (I'll double check tonight when I get off work.)

Another option, (though not completely recomended...) would be to unpack the game files and they are in one of the sub files you can essentially uncomment and this also activates them. (this is how I was able to move some of the deathmatch maps over to the team deathmath selection options for some LAN mates of mine.)

I belive there was a seperate option in the start menu to open up these maps, (I'll double check tonight when I get off work.)

Another option, (though not completely recomended...) would be to unpack the game files and they are in one of the sub files you can essentially uncomment and this also activates them. (this is how I was able to move some of the deathmatch maps over to the team deathmath selection options for some LAN mates of mine.)

Thank you. What do i have to do once i've unpacked the game files exactly?

Thank you. What do i have to do once i've unpacked the game files exactly?

you'll want to go Start-->programs-->THQ-->Stalker-->Unlock Code

Put in your 2 codes and your golden.

You'll also get some milage out of this It'll help you tweak it out and get the best experience out of the game. Page 4 gives you a bit of a walk-through on how to install mods, (and some of the better ones out there,) which will help to walk you though how to pack/unpack the game files. They are basically stored inside of database files, which is what makes it difficult to take existing maps and play with them through the SDK.

Good luck and enjoy, (its an excellent game) both multi-player and single-player experiences.

you'll want to go Start-->programs-->THQ-->Stalker-->Unlock Code

Put in your 2 codes and your golden.

You'll also get some milage out of this It'll help you tweak it out and get the best experience out of the game. Page 4 gives you a bit of a walk-through on how to install mods, (and some of the better ones out there,) which will help to walk you though how to pack/unpack the game files. They are basically stored inside of database files, which is what makes it difficult to take existing maps and play with them through the SDK.

Good luck and enjoy, (its an excellent game) both multi-player and single-player experiences.

Thank you very much for all of your help, i really appreciate it. I still can't believe that the normal version has the multiplayer maps which you're only supposed to get with the limited edition version, though. I can't wait to get this game. Are there any mods you'd recommend?

Thank you very much for all of your help, i really appreciate it. I still can't believe that the normal version has the multiplayer maps which you're only supposed to get with the limited edition version, though. I can't wait to get this game. Are there any mods you'd recommend?

Not a problem; the link above highlights some of the better ones I would say the most pouplar is the Float32, improves the grapics and some gameplay modifications.

Be sure to install the new V1.04 patch, has some nice improvements like,

= 1.0004 =-

Saved games.
Saved games from 1.0003 version will work with 1.0004 version.

Connectivity.
Connecting to the server will be possible only if the host's version of the game is the same as yours.

Patch 1.0004 changes and fixes:

Optimization:

1. Calculating detailed objects was moved to the second CPU stream.
2. Engine optimization, which resulted in FPS 10-15% gain.
3. Shaders optimization.

MP features:

1. Implemented the standalone dedicated server.
2. Retail version now works correctly with the standalone dedicated server.
3. Added remote control for the dedicated server.
4. Max ping disconnect option implemented.
5. Self-correcting network packets wrapper was implemented. This resulted in better ping values and traffic reduction by 50-100%.
6. Artifacts counter is not shown in the statistics.
7. Checking available maps without disconnecting the current game is now possible.
8. The list of the players is not dropped to the beginning upon the attempt to scroll it. Now it became easier to put the players on ban voting.
9. Fixed some bugs with defining the cause of death.
10. The exploded grenade does not continue lying on the ground after the detonation.
11. Fixed the artifact activation and the spawned anomalous zone functioning algorithm.

MP crash fix:

Fixed all known crashes.

SP fixes:

1. Fixed the bug with shooting from the grenade launcher. The grenade is fired with the first shot now.
2. Fixed the disappearing weapons when crouching for a long time.
3. Fixed the game crash on Pripyat location, when the player approached any of the monolithians' camps.
4. Fixed Voronin's tasks to eliminate the bandit Poker.
5. Fixed the random quests at the Wild Territory.
6. Fixed the random task to destroy the bandits' camp at the Cordon.
7. Fixed the random Barkeep's task to clear the snorks lair at the Dark Valley.
8. Fixed the bug with the automatic task to defend the camp when switching location or saving/loading the game.
9. Fixed the random quest to destroy the mutants lair when pseudo dogs are nearby.
10. Fixed the task to destroy the mutants lair.
11. Fixed the random tasks with the raids of characters' camps.
12. Fixed the choice of goods at Barkeep and Petrenko after completing the random tasks.
13. The wounded do not run away from the grenade now.
14. The zombies at Yantar do not run from the grenade now.
15. Fixed the crash caused by the patrol route at Yantar.
16. Fixed the crash caused by the patrol route at Agroprom Research Institute.
17. Fixed the task with getting rid of the Duty group in the village at the Military Warehouses level.
18. Fixed the bug with repeating the scene of the Duty group ambush at the beginning of the Military Warehouses level.
19. Fixed the bug with camera fly-through on the stadium at Pripyat.
20. Fixed the bug with Bes character, when the latter couldn't be healed.

Make sure to install the proper Patch to, there is one for the US version of the game, and another for the rest of the world.

OK, thanks again. Is 1.04 the latest patch? Hmm, now i can't decide whether to get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or BioShock. Anyone here played both?

OK, thanks again. Is 1.04 the latest patch? Hmm, now i can't decide whether to get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or BioShock. Anyone here played both?

Aye 1.04 is the latest patch.

I've got/played both Bioshock and Stalker both are excellent games in their own right. If you are looking for a complete immersive enviroment than I would tend to lean towards Bioshock at this point. If you want/need the multiplayer experience then go towards Stalker, (there is only single player in Bioshock.)

Alright.

I ended up getting BioShock today because the price was just too good to miss. I'll order S.T.A.L.K.E.R. online later today, but i probably won't get much time to play it now i have BioShock.

Thank you for your help.

I just got the game, so i guess i better get downloadin' these patches. 1.0004 is the newest one, right? Now, is it an incremental patch or can i just install it from a clean install of the game? I don't really want to have to download 1.0001, 1.0003 and 1.0004; is this what i'm going to have to do?

Oh and, when i try to save the game, it just crashes to desktop. That can't be good, can it?

Wait, before we go any further; you're asking this with a view to playing multiplayer, yes?

This just has me interested, because every single server I and a friend tried - all pinging around 60, apparently - were utterly unplayable. Unplayable as in laggy to the point to coming to a standstill facing an enemy, firing at him, and then twenty seconds later seeing him hose me with bullets, neither of us dying.

Is Stalker's multiplayer actually playable?

I just got the game, so i guess i better get downloadin' these patches. 1.0004 is the newest one, right? Now, is it an incremental patch or can i just install it from a clean install of the game? I don't really want to have to download 1.0001, 1.0003 and 1.0004; is this what i'm going to have to do?

Oh and, when i try to save the game, it just crashes to desktop. That can't be good, can it?

I installed a 1.0-1.0003 patch, then the 1.0004 patch and all is well. When I get home I can tell you the filenames for the patches if you need 'em.

One thing I wasn't clear on is this - Now that the 1.004 patch includes optimizations from the Floating Point mod, do I still need to run the independent version?

I installed a 1.0-1.0003 patch, then the 1.0004 patch and all is well. When I get home I can tell you the filenames for the patches if you need 'em.

Cheers, i'll probably do the same then.

One thing I wasn't clear on is this - Now that the 1.004 patch includes optimizations from the Floating Point mod, do I still need to run the independent version?

I'd like to know this, too.

Also, what are the other "must have" mods?

I've patched the game, but it just keeps crashing. I just started the game, and i'm on the first mission. After i went to talk to Wolf's people, i opened the PDA and it just crashed. Earlier, i believe it was autosaving, and it crashed then too. By crashing, the screen just freezes. If i open the task manager, it just says the game is not responding. Any advice?

EDIT: I think i know what the problem is. When STALKER uses >2GB of memory, and i try to quicksave, it causes it to crash. I understand there's a fix for this, and i've spent the past hour or so trying to find it. I believe it involves setting a new memory address limit or something, but i'm not sure exactly what to do. Can anybody walk me through it, or point me in the direction of a guide detailing this fix please?

^^ Seems you installed the wrong patch, there are 2 different version of patches for the game for example , stk-ww-v1.04 patch (<- World Wide except US), and stk-us-V1.04 (<- US only ) etc etc.

And yes STALKER's multiplayer is playable, play it alot.

^^ Seems you installed the wrong patch, there are 2 different version of patches for the game for example , stk-ww-v1.04 patch (<- World Wide except US), and stk-us-V1.04 (<- US only ) etc etc.

And yes STALKER's multiplayer is playable, play it alot.

I installed the World Wide patch, which i assume is the correct one seeing as I'm in the UK. I managed to fix the crashing, though, which is good news. I downloaded a .zip file "3GB_enabler", which i just had to place the game's .exe file into (after unzipped), run an elevated command prompt and enter a couple of lines. I didn't have to download Visual C++ Express, like a lot of the guides stated, which is handy. Now, whenever I save, it doesn't crash!

I briefly tried multiplayer on STALKER; and i have to agree, it is very playable. However, I suck at the game at the moment so i didn't exactly do very well. :rolleyes:

awesome, yeah multiplayer take a while to get use to.

if you see a player on there named Justinin3D then thats me.

Is Stalker's multiplayer actually playable?

Is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. actually playable at all?

I never tried multiplayer, but I know that the singleplayer hangs up about once every 10 minutes for no reason.

I'm running the latest patch-version too: 1.0004. I'm running the latest ATI drivers: 7.8. I'm not even trying to break it with a crack or anything - it's the real thing with the official patch.

I thought that it *could* be cool, if it worked - and they made the guns a little more accurate, at least for the first shot while standing still, so you actually could get head shots.

Back