S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl installation and modding

Slightly updated the installation guides. Stalker was on sale on Steam for a very low price this week, so there might be a new crop of players. Let me know if anything else needs to be updated and I'll edit.

artistpavel, having done amazing work with Stalker Complete 2009 and Clear Sky Complete, is now working on Call Of Pripyat Complete ("check back by the end of the summer for first updates").

And I've mirrored evilsofa's edits HERE. I'll also be adding a Clear Sky Complete entry as soon as evilsofa has posted his edit.

Bumping this thread a bit, but I've updated my STALKER mod page to reflect Clear Sky Complete and a placeholder for the upcoming Call of Pripyat Complete mod. I've also cited Artistpavel as the creator of these fantastic mods. evilsofa, is there really anything to add to the Clear Sky Complete section?

I have no idea - I haven't got around to playing Clear Sky yet, and I'm not sure when I will. I've got a few other games I want to get under my belt before I get to it, sorry!

Great thread, very informative. I actually had soc on my steam account for a over a year, I came across this thread from google. I finished stalker with the 2009 complete mod, and now I'm trying the Oblivion Lost mod, but I've encountered a minor visual problem. The shotgun shells seem to have been retextured.

rbmjqt.jpg

Personally, I don't like this new texture for the shotgun shell. I much prefer how the shells looked before. You can see how the shells looked like before in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlU6YGRLb8Y

Is there any way to change it back? I tried looking in my stalker directory for the texture in hopes of deleting it, but I wasn't able to find it.

The old Zone Survival Guide walkthrough for SoC that was at heroesradio went down quite a while ago, but I have just found a mirror site here:

http://www.zsg.dk/

This walkthrough is incredibly complete and helpful. I've updated the link in my OP.

I just downloaded Stalker SoC and am looking forward to trying out the 2009 complete mod! Thanks for posting the guide!

Does anyone know where to find a good HUD fix for TH/Eyefinity/Surround setups?(check WSGF, etc.) I'm trying to play complete 2009 at 6048x1080 (or 5760x1080) and haven't found anything really solid. I have the GFWL version with what I think is a working complete 2009 mod. The radar is horribly stretched and pretty much unusable at eyefinity resolutions.

Does the Complete 2009 mod update the textures to high res? Or is there an additional mod that grants uber high res textures? Thanks!

Anyone try that STALKER patch with only 2GB of RAM? I did when I first saw this thread and it just ran like garbage(on the rig below which has since deceased). Now that I have a much better system I'm going to give this another go.

On the Stalker Complete 2009 download page, artistpavel has just this past week released an app that allows Stalker SOC to use 3GB of RAM; he's modified the utility that MadBoris made for Supreme Commander. I think since this is a separate app, it should work with any mod.

Uh oh, some of the links, particularly the PhotoRealistic Zone textures for OL 2.2, appear to be broken... and I need to go to work. I will check them thoroughly and hopefully find alternative locations tonight.

Edit: I've verified and updated the links in my original posts. Some of the files, particularly sky4ce SkyGraphics Mod 2.0rc4.1, are getting harder to find. I don't know how much longer you'll be able to assemble the mods the way I've written them up.

Last edited:
You hardcore fans might want to try the NARODNAYA SOLYANKA SoC mod.
I have been wanting to try it forever, but it is split up in a bunch of
megaupload files that require patching and so forth, so it has been
a hassle. But looks like a torrent was put up yesterday, so YAY!!!
Hrm, looks like the torrent includes files for Stalker 1.04.... Grrr.

NARODNAYA SOLYANKA Steam Home: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1824863
RPS Overview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/26/stalker-soup-narodnaya-solyanka/#more-67769
Torrent: http://91.121.169.29/stalker-megamod.torrent or http://ks201493.kimsufi.com:8080/stalker/stalker-megamod.torrent

been playing the NS mod listed above. There is 1.5 patch that needs to be grabbed to make it work. Instructions are in the download/install guide in the first post of the steam thread.
the mod is kicking my ass. :) I like to explore the boundaries of the game world.
Here they have some paths they want you to take, death elsewhere.
Cave is a bitch. :)

Jiminator, thanks for the information re: NS mod. Pouring over the thread over at steampowered. I loved the complete mod series for all three games. Especially Call of Pripyat. Couldn't get enough of the game play. Can't wait to try this out when I get back home.

I am playing Call of Pripyat right now but this time with mods. Nothing from a compilation just a bunch of things I found here http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Call_of_Pripyat/Mods;11175
At first I was excited, it took me a while to try each mod before I decide to play the entire game, but my excitement is over pretty quick. The A.I is too dumb even on "Master" and I don't like how the character strafe speed is walking pace. I'm already half way thought the game and I'm thinking to uninstall. I will have few more massive battles with Stalkers vs Bandits and Duty vs Freedom with the NPC Spawn mod then it's time to find something better to do. I'm using these mods right now:

black_kite_professional (3 different stats for steppe eagle)
bright_night_mod_by_dj_pico (I've already upped the gamma so can't see difference)
call_of_pripyat_realistic_damage (your health is same as npc, headshot instant kill)
cop_hight_quality_maps_1.6.02 (good for low resolutions)
cop_spawn_menu_modv1.1 (spawn items/weapons/enemies with offset feature)
disable_grass_transparent_retexv1 (the small grass is gone)
full_upgrades_without_tools (no need to look for tools)
no_armor_degrade (armor doesn't wear out, only gets damaged by bullets/anomalies)
no_weapon_degrade (same thing)
stalker_cop_barkeeper_sells_everything (every item in the game is in his list)
stalker_cop_increase_knife_range (stabbing now works)
stalker_cop_light_hud_no_pda_sounds_v1.2 (smaller compact HUD)
stalkercop_russianmod (russian language, english text)
svarogmk21.0 (very easy to see artifacts)
thesnowmod (soil color replaced with white texture + rain is snow)
visible_range_mod (You can see further)

I think it was more fun making the mods work than playing with them. It's good game and when I get nostalgic I will replay it again but it's a little bit over-hyped to be honest.

Another Christmas sale, another big STALKER sale on Steam!

I just want to clarify that the current link for SkyGraphics 2.0rc4.1 in my OL 2.2 installation post still works. Haven't checked any other links in the installation walkthroughs but they are probably still good.

Hey folks,

Been looking for a HUD/Text fix so I can play SoC on 3 montiors in Eyefinity (5760x1080).

I looked at WSGF but only found FOV fixes, which don't address how stretched the HUD is. I have seen vids of the game in eyefinity with the HUD centered, and one Steam user had posted a fix last year, but which has since gone offline (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774440)

Google didn't turn up any working links.

The other thing I'm encountering, even after running the FOV fix linked on WSGF, is that the view looks a little to zoomed in-even at an in-game res of 5760x1080.

I am running STALKER patched to 1.05 and STALKER Complete mod.

Thanks for any help.

Since this thread has been resurrected, my page based on evilsofa's excellent documentation efforts is still up, though I also need to check the links. It's HERE.

Sorry, I have to resurrect the thread one more time. I've been trying to solve a certain problem for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering if you could help. Understandably, things are rather slow at the official forums, so maybe I'll have better luck here.

I've played SoC with mods before and I'm more or less familiar with how things work. However, now I'm replaying the game without mods and I'd like to keep the save games of this playthrough vanilla compatible, which proved to be a challenge. With the latest vanilla version there are a lot less bugs and problems, but there's one side quest which is still horribly bugged -- the one where you need to eliminate the mercs and bandits in Rostok.

I know how to fix it with ZRP, there's an optional script exactly for this purpose. But the problem is, saving the game after ZRP enabled makes the save incompatible with vanilla. You can no longer play the game without the mod.

So, my question is this: Is there any way to separately install and run a modified script (from ZRP in this case) while keeping the saved game vanilla compatible?

Back