s-video out on Nvidia cards

HOLY CRAP! YOUR RGHT!! MY ADAPTOR DONT WORK ON MY 6800GT!! and it worked on my 9600SE!!! now I have to buy a different adaptor that will work on my 6800GT, that is the suck!

It sounds like the NVidia cards use a true 4 pin S-video output that accepts a normal s-video cable.

The ATI cards must have a 9 pin connector to connect a VIVO breakout box... which provides multiple inputs and outputs.

vivobreakout.jpg

That pissed me off as well. ATI uses proprietary S video connectors. I switched from an 9600 Pro to this 6800 GT I had to buy a new cable!

Well... on one hand it sucks that you have to buy additional hardware to use video out...

On the other hand... having Video-in/Video-out "VIVO" is a more exciting feature than just plain ol' video out. At least some people might think that... or else they wouldn't offer it on their video cards.

Did your cards not come with the cable or breakout box? That's a crime...

Looks like Nvidia is using some kind of internal switch between in/out, where ATI used there older design, with dedicated in/out pathways. It would be interesting to see if either card could use both at once ? ie: recording a tv prog. on the vid in while playing a game on the tv with vid-out.

Back