S24D590 vs. P2314H

EQTakeOffense

[H]ard|Gawd
So, as the thread suggests, which is the better monitor: S24D590 or P2314H? I'm going to be using this for general office usage. Very light gaming, but honestly, the thing I care most about is readability. I'll be working on office documents most of the day, so I'm mostly concerned about eye strain and overall reability

Also, any other recommendations in this category are welcomed.

I compared the s24d590 to the u2414h and the dell is better. There is no overshoot on the dell and smear trails are much shorter compared to the Samsung.

In terms of readability there is more IPS glow on the Samsung and colors shift at narrower angles so if you work in low light it might be annoying. Both monitors appear to be equally sharp although the matte finish on the dell is slightly noticeable whereas the Samsung looks clear.

I don't know how the p2314h compares but there is a p2414h which uses the same panel as the U version. There are some feature differences but the screen will be the same. The only other downside to the P version is that it suffers from minor overshoot but I wouldn't expect it to be any worse than the Samsung.

Back