s754 3700+ $172.00 shipped

I'd say it is pretty decent...OEM, but what do you expect? I've already got a zalman for it anyway. Just wondering if it would be worth it to swap out w/ my 3000+.

Its a socket754 proccie and yes its a friggin good deal. :D

Its down to $163.77 now.

I know someone with this exact 3700 in a matx system with only a 1 gig stick and it really smokes. I'd consider this a steal especially coming from e-tail.

i've built a ECS-a754nf4 with one of these-- killer low buck system .

the chepo ECS a-754 nf4 can even overclock pretty good--it can't quite do 300fsb but i've had my 3000 sempron to 292fsb --which is as far as the latest a754 bios will go.

if i needed a high powered cpu with a pci-e mb --this cpu with the ecs a754 nf4 mb would be the low buck ticket! :eek:

I ordered on myself. I can't seem to let go of the s754 tech. I'm hoping to see 2.6 or greater. I also hope that the 1mb cache gives me a small boost. In any case, for 160ish, I thought why not?

159.. WOW!!! holy crap....... my 3200+ CO stepping clawhammer can't overclock for crap... this is the perfect upgrade for me.. and only 150 bucks hehe..

I purchased this. Got it today. I'm at 26XX now. Haven't pushed past this since it's new and would like to enjoy further speeds later. But heck, I got the damn chip a day and a half after I purchased it and it seems to be by far, the cheapest price around. If you're still on 754, you can get FX performance pretty cheap IMO.

yes, i paid for the 2 day ship..like 15 bucks otherwise, its like 7/8 bucks shipped.

Awesome deal !!!! thx for the post, I just purchased one and got 2 day shipping as well. Can't wait !

Again thx ;)

s754 has plenty of power. I love my rig, and this is an awsome deal. Get that and a DFI LanParty of the Egg and all will be well. :)

And to the one asking if it is a good upgrade from a 3000+.....
Can you say 400mhz faster stock and double the cache?

It is definately worth a little more than $150!!

I couldnt resist any longer & went ahead & ordered one. :p

I'm currently running a 3000+, long live 754!! :)

Well just to put this deal in perspective, they are selling 3200+ retail chips for $190 on the same site. Man if I had the dough I would get one real quick in a hurry.

I just got mine ( updated sig :D ) and it runs perfect ran Prime 95 for 1 day straight and it had no probs. I gonna give it until saturday and then try to overclock it and see what kinda results I can get :p

I know this is an odd question, but are you experiencing the common "stutter" problem? That is the 6800 + nf3 combo that causes in-game stuttering...

bAcKpAiN said:
$ 158.62 now, seriously if you are in the market for a CPU give this a look!

Thats almost $100 less than what I paid 2 months ago. :(
$50 if you count the free motherboard I sold.

Buy them up. I have mine running at FX55 speeds and can't see upgrading my computer until M2.

Back