Safe load for Rheobus?

danks

Limp Gawd
I have two Rheobus controllers in my system and I'd really like to do away with one of them. I have 3 Panaflo U1A's on my radiator thats currently on seperate channels. Sunbeam claims you can have 20w per channel but I'm wondering exactly how accurate that is. The Panaflo's are rated at 6.12w a peice so I would very close to their maximum wattage if I put them all on one channel.

you could do it, the sunbeam woulndt have a problem. my thing is, what ever y-splitter/joiner you are gonna use might not be very happy and could also mess with the fans a bit. as in, the knob wont give the same exact power to the 3 as it would to one. butt just a slight difference. also its possible depending on wire quality *I THINK*, that you might get some noise or so from the motor where you might not. anyhoo, i guess you could always just splice wires together haha. *shrug

keep in mind that if you leave the fans turned down most of the time, they'll be drawing a bunch less power than they're rated for, kinda like how cpus draw less power when you underclock/undervolt them ;)

Back