safe mode and 16bit problem

bball0076

n00b
im have trouble doing certain thnigs on xp, one of the issues is installing programs, i get these 2 errors each time when i try doing something, any help would be lovely
my.php

my.php

You've been hit with a nasty piece of spyware. Run a scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot. After your machine comes up clean, you'll need to replace the current copy of autoexec.nt with a clean copy.

Copy the autoexec.n_ file from your XP CD to the directory with the corrupted copy of autoexec.nt.

Open a command prompt in that directory then do the following:

del autoexec.nt
expand autoexec.n_ autoexec.nt

That ought to fix it.

ad-aware is highly over rated, i used spyware doctor and it found over 10 times that amount ad aware didn;t find
also can't i just find the autoexec.nt and replace it with the new one instead of going to command promt and doing those 2 things?

nessus said:
You've been hit with a nasty piece of spyware. Run a scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot. After your machine comes up clean, you'll need to replace the current copy of autoexec.nt with a clean copy.

Copy the autoexec.n_ file from your XP CD to the directory with the corrupted copy of autoexec.nt.

Open a command prompt in that directory then do the following:

del autoexec.nt
expand autoexec.n_ autoexec.nt

That ought to fix it.

ok i tryed ur way, and it seems to not be able to find the autoexec.nt, but when i try to expand the autoexec.n_ autoexec.nt it says "can't open input file:autoexec.n_."

Back