Sager 7620

atlwriter

Gawd
Some vendors are taking pre-orders for this new DTR notebook. It looks really nice. It's a P4 + ATI MR X800 PCIe with up to a 15.4" WUXGA, and seems to have about the same dimensions/weight as the original Inspiron XPS. The Sager is several hundred dollars less expensive than the XPS2, as well. It'll be interesting to see how the 7620 matches up against the XPS2.

Nice, that scroll wheel looks tasty. My buddy has a VIAO with the scroll wheel and that is one of the best tools on a notebook. Funky touchpad shape would be interesting...

looks big but ive seen and used the original xps up close, that thing is a BEAST, what i dont understand is WTF would it have a diskdrive? floppy disks are obselete, they were replaced by USB drives

klowngoblin said:
looks big but ive seen and used the original xps up close, that thing is a BEAST, what i dont understand is WTF would it have a diskdrive? floppy disks are obselete, they were replaced by USB drives
Agreed, it IS big: 14"x12"x2" and 10 pounds of it. I read that the floppy is actually a freebie and not installed with the standard configuration. Maybe Sager just wants to hang onto a bit of the past for old time's sake. I must admit, the 7620 got me over my cancelled XPS2 awfully fast. I haven't ordered one...yet. :D

klowngoblin said:

Floppys are not obsolete. Especially if you're in systems administration. Never. Not for a LONG time.

lopoetve said:
Floppys are not obsolete. Especially if you're in systems administration. Never. Not for a LONG time.
Didn't think of that...good point!

lopoetve said:

your going to haul that lappy to your work everyday? but its a DTR also with USB drives they are auto detected by even windows 98, xp/2000 are all auto install and ready to go. also i can boot off my USB drive (yes i can make my usb drive bootable) ive tried it on my desktop. i have a 1GB sandisk mini cruzer, i can fit an CD iso on it 700+ MB. dont see anyone doing that with a floppy lol

klowngoblin said:
your going to haul that lappy to your work everyday? but its a DTR also with USB drives they are auto detected by even windows 98, xp/2000 are all auto install and ready to go. also i can boot off my USB drive (yes i can make my usb drive bootable) ive tried it on my desktop. i have a 1GB sandisk mini cruzer, i can fit an CD iso on it 700+ MB. dont see anyone doing that with a floppy lol

You had better believe I haul mine to work every day.

Dude, I'm not talking about windows.

And the stuff I work on? USB? HA! I got DB25 and DB9 mini. Oh, and AUI if I want it on some of them.

You're thinking modern, within a few year old computers. Like I said, for systems administration, the floppy will be around for a LONG time to come.

All of your tools you just mentioned, and you wouldn't even be able to move a single file to the computers I work on. Not a single file.

Just realised the 7260 only has 1 HDD. My answer was useless. :eek:

just found out, the bay has the option of a card reader, tray, or floppy, i personally would get the card reader. excelent... if you get the card reader the lappy will have dual MMC/SD/MS readers

Back