SageTV + Hauppauge pvr250 problem

ehZn

[H]ard|Gawd
Running this combo in the rig in my sig with regular cable tv hooked up. The issue is this: one show will record fine and play in any media player I use (wmp 9, powerdvd, or sagetv itself) but if I have it scheduled to record two in a row, the second show will not have audio when played in wmp 9, but plays fine in sagetv and powerdvd. Can anyone help?

I have a problem were Sage recordings look kind of "squished" if watched outside of Sage, I usually watch them within Sage so it doesn't bother me (after trancoding it the problem goes away).

Thats interesting that it'll work in PowerDVD and Sage. Have you tried Media Player Classic?

Hehe, I was betting you would be the first to answer :D Well unfortunately wmp9 is basically uninstallable without a reformat, and there's no way I'm doing that. What's interesting as well is that when I open the files with wmp9, it searches for a codec then says error dling codec, then plays anyway (and certain ones with no sound, as stated). And I have almost every codec known to man installed (divx, xvid, ogg vorbis, ac3, etc)

I'm wondering if it might be a glitch in the software (like the one that freezes my computer while using the Streamzap remote too much with sageTV). I even tried switching up the audio encoder to use my audigy2, but it did the same thing.

Normally it wouldn't bother me since I can play it in other players, but both sagetv and powerdvd are rather finicky and system intensive, while wmp9 has always been more stable and easier to use, so it is my preferred video player.

You have problems with the StreamZap remote too? I've had WMP9 do that too me, I'm just glad that I don't use it for anything other then WM files. :D
Does PowerDVD do the same thing?

Hehe, I was betting you would be the first to answer :D
LOL, I'm just going through and checking my forums for the morning.:D

BTW what are your specs? I could be possible that theres some sort of conflict.

CrimandEvil said:
You have problems with the StreamZap remote too? I've had WMP9 do that too me, I'm just glad that I don't use it for anything other then WM files. :D
Does PowerDVD do the same thing?

LOL, I'm just going through and checking my forums for the morning.:D

BTW what are your specs? I could be possible that theres some sort of conflict.

Well so far I've only used the remote with Sage, but if I channel scroll too fast it locks up and I have to end it. I haven't tried with powerdvd yet.

The hardware is in my sig, running xp sp1a with nvidia's 61.77 drivers. It could be a conflict, but its strange it only happens to the second thing I record in a row.

Back