Saitek Wireless 2.1 Speakers $88.00+ $5 shipping - Woot.com Launch Event

DevilDoc

2[H]4U
I've seen these badboys talked about on a few review sites, and am in for one set myself.

You'll Like To Move It, Move It

Is it a boomerang? A “neck massager”? Some nightmarish, hypertrophied cybersausage? Nay, no, and nope. It’s the Saitek A-250 wireless speaker system, and it pulls mysterious signals through the ether to bring glorious music from your computer to the remotest reaches of your home (or up to 98.43 feet from the PC, whichever is nearer).

Tote it with you around the manor, from the study to the billiard room to the conservatory, like Professor Plum’s lead pipe. The onboard LCD display and volume, play, skip, back, pause, and stop controls let you punch up just the right tune for the occasion. Do the laundry to “Dirty Laundry”! Listen to “Bitchin’ Camaro” while you work on your bitchin’ Camaro! Have a milkshake with “My Milkshake”! The possibilities are approximately limitless.

“But surely,” you scoff, “such a mobile electro-music megaphonator certainly suffers a grievous loss of fidelity and presence!” Our reply: where’d you learn English, Bleak House? As to the speakers, you’re dead wrong, Chuzzlewit: thanks to true digital quality 2.1 stereo with active bass, neodymium tweeters, and a dedicated subwoofer, the Saitek A-250 sounds as clear and heavy as a crystal sledgehammer.

If the wireless thing doesn’t move you, jack your mp3 player directly into it for a mainline rush of sweet, pure, irresistible sound. After one listen to the Saitek A-250, you’ll be forced to agree: its milkshake is indeed better than yours.
Warranty: 2 years from Saitek

Features:

• True digital 2.1 stereo delivered through two neodymium tweeters and dedicated subwoofer
  • Reliable high-quality wireless link receives and controls PC audio within 30m range (98.43 feet)
  • Lighted LCD display and volume, play, skip, back, pause and stop buttons to control your PC
  • Easily portable and durable for everyday use all around your home
  • Advanced speaker technology with active crossover boosts bass clarity and reduces noise for outstanding audio response
  • Wireless connection to PC only, (requires Windows 2000/XP)
  • Connect to MP3, CD and portable media players via 3.5mm jack audio cable (provided)
  • Speaker technology incorporates aluminium tweeters, front-driven sub and passive port sub enclosure
  • Neodymium speaker magnets increase efficiency and reduce magnetic interference
  • Requires 4 x AA batteries for up to 24 hours use; includes AC adapter

Get It @ Woot.com

i was thinking of geting one, but why pay almost 100 bucks for a 2.1 system?

"After one listen to the Saitek A-250, you’ll be forced to agree: its milkshake is indeed better than yours."

Best product description ever.

Teh winnar.

SGSeeker said:
why is woot being posted every night now? I wouldn't consider this a hot deal

I like it as an option to play music off my PC in my Bedroom. Also, a 2.1 portable speaker system that runs off of 4 AA batteries will be pretty useful with my laptop when on the road.

The older fuglier Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 setup runs at least $100, and this new one runs at least $105 on any other site.

Plus, a lot of us just love woot to begin with.

SGSeeker said:
why is woot being posted every night now? I wouldn't consider this a hot deal

Hot deals are relative. - While most wireless speakers are crap, these might actually be pretty good. A bose stereo speaker system could cost hundreds more.. - Personally, if I was a fan of wireless speakers, I'd find this to be a bargain.

Just saying, almost every night lately something from woot has been posted here. Of course woot normally has good deals, but its already expected from that site. Its sorta like posting everytime we notice something on sale in a store. They happen all the time. One that really shouldn't have been posted lately was the last WD refurbed hard drives, seeing as there were better deals on new drives, and still are. The $120 Bose headphones yesterday, same thing. Then there's the FX5200, fair price, but still slow and not much of a savings over everyday 128MB prices which is still more than enough for that card to handle.

I just wouldn't consider this a hot deal either due to the fact thats it hasn't been available until now, no one knows how good/poor it is, if the price will stay above $100 after its public release, and that the initial savings really doesn't put this as "hot", just "warm" aka the same as a normal sale anywhere else.

woot.com's been around for awhile but I've just been noticing it being posted more and more recently. Then again, I guess there's nothing else worth posting lately either...with all the waiting for black friday.

Sorry, I just feel people should think twice before running here to post what woot has for the day. Its rarely ever an exceptional deal compared to other products in its price range

btw, this hasn't been pointed to anyone in particular, just an observation

Back