Samsung 205BW vs Viewsonic VX2025WM

Mangonz

n00b
Hi I am trying to decide between the Viewsonic VX2025WM and the Samsung Syncmaster 205BW but am having trouble finding a 3rd party review on the latter. I have looked at them side by side at the store but I'm only used to CRTs and couldn't really spot anything different.
On paper it looks like the Samsung would be the way to go as it has a 6ms response time, is minus the crappy speakers and is $60 cheaper.
Looking at reviews though everyone raves about the 2025WM and there isn't a single reference to the 205BW. It's been out for like a month now - any idea why it isn't been considered as an alternative?

Link to Samsung Syncmaster 205BW

apparently the 205BW is a TN panel, whereas the viewsonic is MVA.. so the 205BW will have slightly faster response which is good for gaming, but the viewsonic vx2025wm will have better viewing angles and slightly better contrast ratio.

205BW details http://www.prad.de/en/guide/screen2972.html

if viewing angles arent a big deal then the 205BW may be a good choice, since its cheaper and slightly faster response.

Hey thanks for the info, I'm not too worried about viewing angle as long as I don't end up with hue shifts on the edges of the screen when sitting in front of it. Local store has just started a sale with 15% off the Samsung as well so think I will go for that one.

Will post up how I find it once I get it in about a week.

I do get tone shifts on the edges with PVA/MVA. I returned my PVA panel and will only consider TN or IPS in the future. Though for now I bought a refurb 21" Trinitron. I hope it lasts until technology improves more.

Back