Samsung 22" LCD (2233SW) $135

compuryan

Limp Gawd
at Dell home
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...6643&acd=10495476-1225267-u0t0f0fp22833c0s441

If paying with Dell Preferred Account (DPA) you may save an extra 3% here is how:

During checkout, select Credit Card as method of payment
Click "Change Payment Type"
Click "Choose" link under Credit/Debit Card (again)
Under "Save 3% with Dell Preferred Account! (Discount applied at Final Checkout)" click "Click Here to Take Advantage of this Offer" link
Click "Choose" under "I already have a Dell Preferred Account" if you have one, or sign up for a new one if you don't
Checkout, enjoy your 3% savings

That makes it $131 with the 3% off...

1920x1080 resolution.

I think this is a really hot deal for anyone who is on the budget.

Anyone have any experience with this monitor?
I am building a computer for a friend that is going off to college shortly and I was going to buy the LG227WTG that was recommended in the famous Anandtech LCD article but its $220, and getting this one would allow a little more wiggle room with his $900 dollar budget.

Would this be a horrible step down from the LG227WTG? Both are TN Panels I believe and he is not a huge computer enthusiast by any means so I don't think he would mind using the Samsung over the already reputable LG.
I have seen the awesome e-IPS Dell 2209WA monitor but just as I was about to jump on the deal the coupons expired :(

Thoughts?

I'm looking at one right now as I type this. I jumped on it when it went on sale for $159. For $135, I wouldn't hesitate at all.

HOT, I don't think my desk nor my eyes need 2x 22's though.

Well, it's back up in price - to $159.99. Hey, that's what I paid for it last month!

$214 - $55 instant discount when added to your cart = $159 (with free shipping). Stil la good deal on a decent monitor.

I was considering buying the Samsung from Dell, but changed my mind.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236053

$159.99 after rebate with free shipping

1) Has better reviews than the Samsung
2) Comes with DVI cable (the Samsung only comes with a VGA cable??!)
3) Has HDMI input (yes, you could use an adaptor or cable with the Samsung, but that's a couple bucks extra if you don't already have one. Also, this means you can leave your gaming console hooked up to it in addition to the computer and easily switch between them)
4) Has speakers (also has SPDIF out if you want to hook it up to a receiver instead since the speakers are wimpy. Even has a headphones jack if you have wireless headphones)
5) Doesn't have the 'non-optimal' warning at other resolutions

Some people might obviously prefer the Samsung's picture quality and whatnot, but if you're looking for a good value on a 21.5", keep this one on your short list of choices to pick from.

Back