Samsung 226BW 22": 3000:1 Contrast, 2ms response time

awesome, thanks. now I know for sure that i needa get the vga connector. How nice is the quality of the picture w/ the xbox with this monitor?

This monitor is great for playing games on the Xbox 360...I think you will be very happy. I have it configured at 1360x768. I also have an ISF-calibrated 50 inch Samsung 1080p DLP that I can use as a basis for comparison...and this monitor is awesome. I really like playing the Xbox360/PS3 on this monitor. I prefer being closer to the monitor and playing "PC-style"(minues the keyboard and mouse, of course;) ). Don't get me wrong I like playing on a 50 inch TV, but I also like being able to jump back and forth on the computer as well and this monitor doesn't make me feel like I am missing anything by playing on it instead of the 50 inch. It is bright and presents game details perfectly with no ghosting. Good luck and enjoy!

How do you guys like the viewing angles? If there are 2-3 people sitting in front of the screen, is it enjoyable for all of them, or does the image get unwatchable?

I think it is fine. Remeber the price point here; you are not going to have a perfect picture at this price (and I guess in a 22" LCD). If you are overly sensative, then it is not for you. Sitting a bit further (nothing dramatic) from the screen helps consistancy for each viewer.

On the nokia monitor test, if I change the gamma, I get these blotchy blacks that have this fuzzy movement to them. The blotches seem to be primarily a dark green. If I look close enough in an FPS, the blotches seem to move with me like they're on the screen. It's more noticeable in games where it's basically always present unless there are no blacks. Is this a serious problem? Is it something that would not exist on another panel if I returned it?
Just so it doesn't get ignored.

After reading some things, It looks like I'm experiencing dithering. I definitely don't remember having anything like this on my old LCD, though.

Hey guys i'm a newbie to this forum and it's my first post yayyyy

Well anyways I just brought a brand new Samsung 206BW from CC. It's an A panel monitor. I keep reading stories about A and S panel monitors for the 22'. So I decided to the the 20' and it a great monitor. It has a bit of backlight bleed but it's not as bad as I thought. One Bugging question is that it's so bright and I changed the settings on my monitor from Brightness 45 Contrast 70. It's still pretty powerful on my eyes. Is there any good programs to calibrate the monitor to make best use of it? And what are the best setting to use for this Sammy

yo! this is my first post... i think i aint no shit,, i wann ask U whats the differnce beetwen this A, C and S letters?
i know these are producents of this Tn panel, and i have red few pages about that but i want to know whats the differnecne in watching, playing games and that kind of things beetwen this A, S and C...
im just thinking about buying it but i dont know what to do if i see that there are only C or only A...

yo! this is my first post... i think i aint no shit,, i wann ask U whats the differnce beetwen this A, C and S letters?
i know these are producents of this Tn panel, and i have red few pages about that but i want to know whats the differnecne in watching, playing games and that kind of things beetwen this A, S and C...
im just thinking about buying it but i dont know what to do if i see that there are only C or only A...

"C"? :confused:

The "A" supposedly has more backlight bleed than the "S" panel. I wondering, too, if there the difference between the 2 panels will be noticable in games.

C - CMO
A - AUO
S - SAMSUNG

DO U know what type of tn product Slovakia and Czeh Republic? Is it S or A ?

Got my 226bw from newegg on friday ;) (S) ;) it is freakin sweet. It is so big compared to my
old 17in crt and now set up next to my 15in Samsung.

Pic
my.php

thanks this gave me hope because seller in Poland said that they import 226bw from slovakia ;]

Got my 226bw from newegg on friday ;) (S) ;) it is freakin sweet. It is so big compared to my
old 17in crt and now set up next to my 15in Samsung.

Pic
my.php

:(

I used my 'A' panel that I received Thursday from Newegg this weekend to see if I could live with it. I can't. I'm going to exchange it and keep my fingers crossed since people are still getting 'S' panels from Newegg. It makes me feel hopeful to know you got an 'S' panel after me, but it's also a little annoying. :p

I'm looking through todays sunday ad and it looks like BB has this monitor for 329.99 no MIR and CC has it for 349.99 with $30 MIR.

I'm pretty sure CC will do a pricematch and still get the MIR. That'll make it 329.99 -30 MIR

Hmm, i still don't know whether to get this monitor. Is it the best 22" widescreen monitor? How does the Viewsonic VX2235 or Dell E228 compare, or are there any other monitors worth mentioning?

I used my 'A' panel that I received Thursday from Newegg this weekend to see if I could live with it. I can't. I'm going to exchange it and keep my fingers crossed since people are still getting 'S' panels from Newegg. It makes me feel hopeful to know you got an 'S' panel after me, but it's also a little annoying. :p

Lol... Damn that sucks man. Good luck on the S panel, it is sick.:cool:
bty where are you located... im in MD and got mine from NJ

Hmm, i still don't know whether to get this monitor. Is it the best 22" widescreen monitor? How does the Viewsonic VX2235 or Dell E228 compare, or are there any other monitors worth mentioning?

As for that Question... My boy just got the Dell E228... dosent even compare to the 226 beast (S panel that is) Im not really to keen on the A-C bashing, but the S joint is whatsup.;)

Have you read their exchange policy on this monitor?

There were two open box model "S" panels for only $380 Canadian at Futureshop today.

That's about $330 USD

91704265qm2.jpg

80761788nd6.jpg

I've had this monitor for a couple of months now and have loved it ever since. I bought it before there was anyone saying anything about S/A models and I was kinda worried that I might have gotten an A panel, yet my box said nothing. Just [R] and nothing else after that. Well, I ended up thinking that "hell, it looks amazing to me....what do I care?" Well, I browsed back to this topic and it got me thinking again. You know, just one of those little things that bugs you. So I got the bright idea to pop off the back panel that covers up the cords and check the sticker back there and saw 226BW [R] S!!

Yay. Now, yeah I said I didn't care, but I must not have cared because I was looking at the "good" panel:rolleyes:

So, needless to say, I'm even happier with my product.

One question: What the hell does RTA do? the manual...is shitty and doesn't give me any useful information.

I have been following this thread and for the life of me I can't figure out the difference between A and S screens and where do you look for the designation?

I have a great Dell 24" and I need a wide screen for my secretary and do not know whether to get a 20, 21 or 22" on cost vs value.....

Any thoughts???

Thank you

Elliot

One question: What the hell does RTA do? the manual...is shitty and doesn't give me any useful information.

It's the overdrive mode. This monitor is actually 5ms. They achieve the advertised speed of 2ms with RTA.

RTA can only be temporarily turned off. It turns itself on again each time you push the power button.

hey i checked one monitor today but ve got one question
i looked on the back of it and then take some thing off and i saw model 226bw then there wasr written S, but there wasnt written R before it..
is everything okay i dont know why there was not R
am i checking in good place? on the back side of the monitor under some plastic?

Don't know the importance of the [R]. Maybe it's where it's being manufactured. Only a couple cases of there not being a [R] have come up. I wouldn't worry about it.

But yes, where the 226BW model is and the "S" to the way right is the panel type.

Guys, somewhere in the thread I saw somebody writing about the issue, saying that, supposedly, one can find out about whether the panel is an A or S by specific numbers+letters on the box. I don't remember the whole number, just that it started with 201 and some letter.

He/she who has written about this, would you please come up with it again, otherwise we would have to look for a needle in the hay stack.

Thanks a lot,

John.

someone asked maybe a week ago about how to get into the service menu of the 226bw. this is what i stumbled upon on another forum:

"1. Adjust the brightness and contrast to 0
2. Press Menu
3. Press source (second on the right)for 5 seconds
You will see the "service function" menu. Focus on the "Panel info"
AU M220EW01 means from A
AM LCD220M1 means from S"

haven't tried myself yet

so i have to not worry about this R letter which is not written;]
okay... but this has to be write on the back of monitor under something or WHERE?

someone asked maybe a week ago about how to get into the service menu of the 226bw. this is what i stumbled upon on another forum:

"1. Adjust the brightness and contrast to 0
2. Press Menu
3. Press source (second on the right)for 5 seconds
You will see the "service function" menu. Focus on the "Panel info"
AU M220EW01 means from A
AM LCD220M1 means from S"

haven't tried myself yet

Interesting, I just did this word for word and am presented with all this info:

Monitor On Time: 10Hr
Panel Ch. No.: 0 [Can't change this setting]
On Time: 10Hr
Cycle: 110

Auto Auto: On [Default] (or Off)
PixelShift: Off [Default] (or On)

Scaler-MCU: Genesis
Panel Info.: AMLCD 220M1

Version: M-ME22W0BAa-1001
Checksum: FBC6

Not quite sure what to make out of the Monitor On Time information.

If anyone else does this and needs to get out of the Menu just turn the power off to the monitor and turn it back on.

Thats kind of nifty little feature... nice to know the amount of hours on the LCD.

How does it look with a ps3 hooked up anyone try yet?

Looks great. I am using HDMI to DVI cables from monoprice.com. I also have my Xbox 360 hooked up via VGA as well. I am expecting to receive a 2 x 1 manual HDMI adapter so I can add my computer into the configuration by using a combination of HDMI to DVI adapters and the HDMI switcher. All in all, Xbox 360, (running at 1360x768 via VGA adapter), PS3 (running 720p via HDMI to DVI cable) and PC look great. Very bright, great detail, no ghosting...gaming experience is great!

Well I caved and ordered one from newegg. It's shipped from NJ, the state I used to live in for 25 crappy years and this time I didn't have to pay $24 worth of sales tax because I live in SC now! :D

Supposed to be here by Wednesday. Can't wait. :]

My Monitor On Time / On Time hasn't changed, still 10Hr. Cycle went up to 112 though so that's obviously how long it's been on for. :)

I just received mine from Newegg today, it came from NJ and its an "S" model. It's my first LCD monitor and replaced an E90F Viewsonic 19". The size of the screen is amazing and the room it cleared on my desk was much needed. I was very hesitant on getting an LCD because I never liked the way they displayed blacks, but this monitor produces them just as good as my old CRT. Very happy with my purchase and I will post a picture later in the "Show your LCD Setup" topic.

Hmmmm! There still seems to be alot of S Panels being bought!Is it possible that Samsung is still making them for the 226bw.I would think there would be alot more A's by now and less S panels if the S wasnt being made anymore.

Your right!! I might be an error in thinking S panels were not being made anymore.I based my view on what i have heard on hard forum and other chat sites.One other web site i follow (whirlpool.net)from australia seems convinced s panels are not going to be made anymore.One thread even said he heard it from samsung itself!ifll try to find that thread.

Back