Samsung 245T when?

B=TN, T=PVA. I'm guessing the B won't have tv/hdtv inputs either that the Ts do. Likewise for the portrait/landscape rotation thing.

I swear i seen someone post an article about the 245t debuting at 700ish dollars.

June is the date, as I remember the release went with the 275T then the 245B with the 245T being last.

245B UK availability is this week, note Apple is updating thier displays at WWDC again in June.

So now that the release date is june... will they be adding any features? 120Hz? HDMI input? I remember reading some news story about it being back lit by LEDs or something...

So now that the release date is june... will they be adding any features? 120Hz? HDMI input? I remember reading some news story about it being back lit by LEDs or something...

It will not be LED based, the only LED based models will be the X20 and the X30. The 24" LED panel shown was a prototype with no release date, also dont forget to double the price tag. LED would be nice but wide-gamut CCFL's are enough, now panel manufacturers need to move onto the rest of the problems plagueing LCD's.

I gave up on this monitor. I'm not upgrading to a new one until there's at least an HDMI port and 120Hz frame rate conversion. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while. :(

I also give up on the Samsung 245T.

It is vaporware to me now, even if it comes out tomorrow.

Moving on to the HD2451W.

Here it is the last week of the second quarter and no 245T. This dude better come in with an LED version for the high end market or it's a dead fish. Dell just released, oversees, its new UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC and due in the States, maybe, July at, maybe, $700. That's $100 less than what's been suggested for the 245T. With BenQ's FP241WZ already introduced at $800, these two are SERIOUS COMPETITION.With its 92% color gamut, and marketing, Dell should dominate this dollar level. The 245T had better have LED backlighting. I've been waiting since March and I'm ready to buy within the next couple weeks. Samsung's waited too long. My preference is now the Ultrasharp, then BenQ and with Samsung dragging up the rear.The 245T had better have LED and come in at $800-$900.

Boy, Samsung has just lost out big time. I'm upgrading from a 15" laptop to a high end desktop. Back in March, I decided my monitor would be the 245T.

Yesterday I posted a few comments. Today I learn that my office will be upgrading monitors. I'm going to get - for free - my old Viewsonic P810 Professional Series 21" CRT. This mama weighs 60 pounds and occupies an acre of space, but let's see - $800 vs $0...$800 vs $0. And the winner is...

When did Samsung talk about the 245T for the first time? . 1½ years ago? This has got to be the worst product release ever.

press release on samsung website.

I know everything about press release. Samsung said it would be launched in March, but the monitor is nowhere....
That's why i asked for some fresh news....

But it seems this monitor is vaporware...

It was NOT released in March....

well well well, wasnt the original contrast ratio 3000:1 dynamic, in any case the 96% gamut is icing on the cake.

300 nits? What's the deal here... the old one was ~500. If you use it for video (movies, etc) you really need 500.

And the 1500:1 DC..... I wonder if that's actually native contrast? Their Gen-8 plant just opened, and was supposed to crank out panels with 2000:1 native contrast.

300 nits? What's the deal here... the old one was ~500. If you use it for video (movies, etc) you really need 500.

And the 1500:1 DC..... I wonder if that's actually native contrast? Their Gen-8 plant just opened, and was supposed to crank out panels with 2000:1 native contrast.

could be right dude, hence the delay with the 245T.

Back