samsung 275T

It's realy nice test, man! :)

Interestingly, all differences are multiple of 10 ms. That meens you run the test at 100Hz, right? Native frequency for LCD monitors is 60 Hz, and AFAIK even when they report 75 Hz they actually work @60Hz and interpolate signal from 75 to 60 Hz. That introduces some uneven lags because 60 and 75 are aliquant.

So I conclude, that the monitor seems to have 2 frames (32ms) lag in "normal" mode and 3 frames (48ms) in "game" mode.

That you for the report! :)

Both monitors were set at 60hz during the test. I'm not quite sure why the last digit stayed the same all the time during each start/stop of the clock. I guess it just depended where the refresh was in relation to the clock start.

I'm really not an expert at this stuff at all though - just good at following directions on how to run the test and how to make a few interpretations of the results. I have a lot to learn, but I can at least say the monitors were set to refresh at 60Hz in the windows desktop and nvidia control panel display properties. Is there another setting where they could have been set differently?

I think that if you set 60Hz in nvidia control panel than you actually had it. Real frequency you can see in native monitor menu, if there is an info page.

As exciting as it has been to read pages of input lag discussion, I'd like to know if anyone with this monitor has experienced display issues using the component and AV inputs.

With mine, when I use my xbox 360 on the component input I see a faint copy of the image stepped to the right. This means all text has a sort of shadow. I'm trying to ignore it but it is a little annoying. Is this a common problem with the monitor or could it be a more complex grounding issue or something of the like?

Also, with the AV input I can only describe it as being too intense. It's insanely oversaturated and turning down the brightness doesn't help. I use this input to play my Wii and I find if the game I'm playing fades to black, for a moment during that fade it looks perfect. The Wii on my old tv works just fine.

HDMI and DVI look great.

Thoughts on either of these issues?

Yeah, on some review sites I have seen complaints of this nature too. basically to fix (if you can) run the cables through the computer then to the display. The display itself has trouble dealing with signals that are meant to be interlaced. TV cards and good video cards take care of the problem and send a much higher quality/cleaner image to the display.

So, if you can, run the signals through the computer which in turn sends the signal to the monitor in an already de-interlaced signal.

I meant to reply weeks ago, but completely forgot about the thread - sorry so late.

I'd say it's more well suited for graphic design, media editing, etc. Although the picture quality is really much better in my opinion, a TN panel is faster.

For what I do with my computer, I really think the SPVA is much better than TN, but if FPS gaming is the priority, I'd stick with the faster TN panels.

The decision is up to the individual though; I'm just giving my opinion.

Back