SAMSUNG 840 EVO 1TB SATA III - $389.99 12 hours only

Was going to post this

Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Limit 2 per customer.
1TB SSDSamsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $549.99Your Price: $469.99e-Blast Exclusive Discount:
Extra $80 off w/ promo code EMCPBPH33

Shop Now

*Deal valid between 7:00am on 8/2/2014 to 7:00pm PT on 8/2/2014.

Seen it at $399-400 several times in the past month. Still gonna wait for the Black Friday special when someone will have this drive for $300...at least that's my hope.

Seen it at $399-400 several times in the past month. Still gonna wait for the Black Friday special when someone will have this drive for $300...at least that's my hope.

$300 would be nice, but I'm guessing $350 during Black Friday specials will be the lowest we'll see this year.

You don't see too many saturday sales at newegg, weird

With 1TB WD Blue being $40 on sale/rebate it is hard to motivate to spend ten times on a ssd, though I know ssd random read/write is exponentially faster.

Next year BF maybe $200?

Great price on this! Using a few at work, may pull the trigger on this for home.

With 1TB WD Blue being $40 on sale/rebate it is hard to motivate to spend ten times on a ssd, though I know ssd random read/write is exponentially faster.

Next year BF maybe $200?

Clearly you haven't used SSDs enough. They are life changing to the point that I basically never even think of a hard drive for in a PC.... NAS, okay

Clearly you haven't used SSDs enough. They are life changing to the point that I basically never even think of a hard drive for in a PC.... NAS, okay

Even NAS, I use 4TB HDDs, and I wish it would be cost effective to switch to SSDs. I hate the sound, granted the darn thing is in my room, but it sounds like a Tea Pot literally going at full blast.

This. The only thing keeping me back is the price. I need more than 1TB. 1.5TB would be a decent compromise. $150 or less for those sizes and I am in. Issue is by the time they are that cheap, games will be even bigger and we'll need larger drives. :p

So for now I would find a good deal on a 256GB drive (or 512 if you have the money) and use it for programs only. I use my Crucial M500 for demanding games only.

Yeah I picked up two 3 TB HGST drives instead of buying one TB EVO which would fill up in a matter of time. I have some SSDs but it's the 250 gig type.

I

Next year BF maybe $200?

SSD are for speed not high storage space. Although 1TB is absolute overkill for a gaming / os drive.

I wouldn't buy this volume either.. a 250 to 500 is plenty. Even 500 is ALOT...

SSD are for speed not high storage space. Although 1TB is absolute overkill for a gaming / os drive.

This just means you don't have a lot of games installed :p

1TB is not overkill for games in this era of gaming. In fact my PS4 has already hit 600GB.. my gaming PC has almost 1TB as well.

You always buy more than you need so you can have it when you need it. For $389 this drive is a steal.

Nah. Using the 1TB as a Steam volume. Nothing else but Steam and 116 games installed: 388GB. There's triple the amount of games uninstalled, and many of those are the 10-20GB variants. I could easily fill the entire drive, but try to stick to the 50% maximum usage that I used to do with my HDD's (old, now useless habits die hard). I have about 100GB of the 256GB Pro filled as well, so it's pretty easy to fill 500GB on these now.

And I will never, ever buy another platter drive if I can keep from it. Going to my external for anything makes me want to punt babies.

Eh, I have a 960GB M500. It's not overkill, it's just horribly convenient. I put my entire Steam library on it (well most of it anyway), and I still have 200GB left over. The awesome thing is that you don't have to worry about your main disk space. Downloads and all that can just pile up until you're ready to deal with them. It was getting pretty tight even with 240GB on my older SSD.

And whatever advantage all your games have of being on that drive, you get it.

And I will never, ever buy another platter drive if I can keep from it.

If I could afford it I would do the same. The Crucial M500 installs large games in less than half the time it takes for my WD black. So much faster, no noise, ect.

I wish we were at the point where everyone could easily dump HDDs. :p

I can easily use up 1TB of space between my games and OS. Heck just games alone for that matter. I work around that issue currently but just keeping the games I play installed, then removing them when done and loading the next, but that's a lot of write wear on the SSD.

I can easily use up 1TB of space between my games and OS. Heck just games alone for that matter. I work around that issue currently but just keeping the games I play installed, then removing them when done and loading the next, but that's a lot of write wear on the SSD.

Honestly if it is a modern drive, I doubt you would kill it in 5~7years..The whole myth of NAND has gotten so overblown..We are to the point we are now 5 years from the launch of the first wave of major consumer drives and people are still selling them used on the forums/ebay with CrystalDisk/etc saying they have well over 80%+ of their life in most cases.

Back