Samsung 913 T review anyone?

whitewale

Limp Gawd
I have a Hyundai L90D+ as my gaming LCD and I'm very happy with it. Now I found that the local Samsclub (aka hassle free returns on bad pixels) is selling a Samsung 913T with the same 8 ms response time. Anyone any experience with that monitor?

can't see it listed on Samsung's product range, but i imagine that the 913T is just a slightly different model to the 913N and 913B. All are based on the same 8ms Samsung TN Film panel, so the performance is going to be the same as on your Hyundai L90D+. If you like the looks, features and price of it, then it would be a good choice. But performance-wise, no need to swap your Hyundai for it! :)

I picked this up yesterday at Sam's Club.

Seems very nice. Testing it out w/ a 6800GT & BF2 currently.

Have to force resolution to 1280x1024 through command line in BF2.
Was running it last night at 11x8 resolution.

Overall response seems quite good, there is a minor amount of ghosting on background mountains in maps such as Dalian_plant.

I'll see if I can get used to it, if not, Sam's Club has an awesome return policy of 100% satisfaction guaranteed for 6 MONTHS. Hard to beat that.

Thanks, that sounds promising. Not planing to swap out my Hyundai, but to move my old Princeton 25 ms to the office.

I am with Okra. I picked one up today that replaced a stellar 12ms Princeton 17 LCD. No dead pixels and a very even backlight. I did have to turn down the contrast/brightness a bit, but overall I am impressed. The only thing I don't like is there is no vertical height adjustment on the monitor.

Off to play some BF2 and will report back with regard to ghosting.

Can't beat the Sam's Club return policy with a crab mallet.

-Flake

Have been using the 913T for a couple days, I'm still impressed with it.

Forcing it to 1280x1024 75hz refresh = smooth bf2 experience w/ vertical sync enabled - usually around 37 fps because card can't keep up (running 2xAA & 8xAF) - but it's smooth as silk.

Blurring/ghosting seems non-existent now, or maybe I've gotten used to it, or maybe forcing the 1280x1024 75hz resolution cleared it up.
Need to do a side by side comparison w/ my old 21" Viewsonic CRT to really tell for certain.

This is my first LCD, and I was very concerned about ghosting & refresh rate coming from a decent CRT. Overall I give the 913T 5 out of 5 stars.

Back