Samsung 990 Pro 4TB for $249 @ Amazon. Usually $344.

Get 20% cash back going via your Chase account and paying with your Chase card.

Looks like Honey is offering $50 cash back when purchased from the Samsung Store,

https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...&ranSiteID=pfLaClXlf20-xOpzr.CbpB6O2AfRqUFrUg

https://www.joinhoney.com/
1699913587716.png

1699913612160.png

Mine is a Chase Freedom card and when I logged into my account, the cash back offer were located to the right. I clicked on it and searched for Samsung.
Use the honey extension and you can get $50 cash back as well, probably be $150 + taxes after all is said and done.

Eh, honey offer expired just as I was seeing about combining it with the 20% chase offer.

Oh well I guess.

Eh, honey offer expired just as I was seeing about combining it with the 20% chase offer.

Oh well I guess.
Ya, I should have noted that it was a limited time deal and was expiring 43 minutes from when I posted it.

Yup, that was a very good deal also. Can't go wrong with either drives. Good stuff. Now I just need the 8TB Samsung sata ssd to go lower =)
The QVO one? I know someone on reddit homelabsales has some used ones for $3xx something. I can try to find it again if you're interested.

Reactions: Whach
like this
The QVO one? I know someone on reddit homelabsales has some used ones for $3xx something. I can try to find it again if you're interested.
yup that's the one. It's going for 345 right now. I prefer to buy storage brand new, but thanks for the reddit offer though. Appreciate it.

And now out of stock when I see the honey deal again. With my .edu account the base price dropped to $225. With Chase and Honey it would have been at like $130 before tax.

Just wasn't meant to be lol.

As an FYI, I would prefer to purchase this from another store unless price was much lower. I am going through an Amazon return. Despite advertising free returns, they don't honor it. Been around 3 weeks. Multiple customer service reps, and they keep saying they will send an email with instructions on how to finish the refund. Amazon now requires an investigation and if they okay it, will require government ID for a refund before issuing the money back. Personally I won't get something expensive on Amazon in the event it arrives defective or you need to return it.

I'll probably wait for a Newegg/Best Buy deal. I would say BH Photo, but they don't take orders half the time they run a sale due to whatever Jewish holiday of the week it is.

I just visited the product page and the Honey offer popped up for me. Maybe you just need to just reload the page.

I assume it has expired? This is what I see.

Honey.jpg

I just tied it to my PayPal, never used Honey before.

Edit: 4TB is out of stock on Samsung's website anyways.

Last edited:
The only bad thing about these SSDs is that you're not supposed to fill them over 50%, performance drops by a lot. Wish they made SSDs that could be filled 80 or even 90% with zero drop in read and write performance.

The only bad thing about these SSDs is that you're not supposed to fill them over 50%, performance drops by a lot. Wish they made SSDs that could be filled 80 or even 90% with zero drop in read and write performance.

CrystalDiskMark_Samsung_980_Pro-2TB.png
CrystalDiskMark_20231114170133 - 980 Pro 83percent full.png

Just noticed that the old test was 1 pass 64MiB so I ran it again with the same parameters, It's still really close that you won't notice it,
CrystalDiskMark_20231114170609 - 980 Pro 2TB 83 percent 2.png

I don't have a saved test of this 2TB QVO when it was new, but at 93% full, it's still as fast as it was empty.
CrystalDiskMark_20231114171533 - 870 QVO 2TB.png

Last edited:

Intel Xpoint drives! Sad to see them discontinued. Perhaps they will bring them back in PCI-E 6.0 flavor! 🙃

Man, I am so tempted by this deal. I can replace a 1 TB drive I have with a 4 TB. Decisions!

Do these come shipped with the firmware that keeps them from dying prematurely? It's kind of crazy that Samsung is still having these issues, and worse yet that they refuse to acknowledge it for a long time while refusing RMAs.
https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung...e-and-replace-990-pro-ssd-rapid-health-drops/

I might go grab a Western Digital instead, if I want to upgrade to Windows 11. Planning to have a 4TB boot drive, probably replace 1 of my 4 NVME drives with it. Likely the 1TB Inland drive. That would put me at 10TB of NVME space.

Back