Samsung i7 Water Damage?

ICE_9

2[H]4U
So, my cell (Samsung I760) is not charging. I have tried two different chargers as well as the origional one and no go. Called Verizon and it has a 1 year warranty. They will send me a replacement and will not charge me as long as my phone has no physical or water damage. I know that neither are the problem, but I am concerned since the phone sticker under the battery shows red X's and also on the battery. Does this mean I am screwed? If found to be damaged by water, Verizon will charge me over 450 for the phone's replacement.

If you have this phone, can you verify the X's colors for me?

Suggestions by anyone in this predicament in the past with Verizon.

phone_x.JPG

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the stickers? I can tell you immediately if you're screwed or not. 99% of the time though, there are always the Xs, it's when it goes SOLID red that you have the problem.

I had a brand new cellphone from Verizon before. It got slightly wet (from rain ) and when i sent it to the store to get my battery replaced (worked only when connected to charger) they told me that they cannot do anything as the sticker inside is red. If it is not wet, it should be white.

I have an i760, my strip in the back has the X's but they are purple-ish -- not red.

note: I'm not color-blind either, in fact my eyes are near 20/20. I also rely on my ability to distinguish color in my job.

These are purpleish. You do not have any water damage I assume then?

Other than the monsterous crack on my screen as of a week ago, the phone worked great(relatively). No water damage(that I know of).

Ok. Feeling better so far. I will compare it with the new one I get from them.

FWIW, mine started having problems charging the last few months. Not as in would NOT charge, it just started taking longer, and the result was abismal battery life.

Needless, to say, I'm glad the TP2 came out today. As I wasn't long from jumping the VzW ship.

That's not liquid damage, that's the print on the litmus paper. If it was LDed, it'd be a BRIGHT red blotch there.

I was a repair tech for Sprint, and my shop was about a mile from the beach. Trust me, I know liquid damaged phones quite well. lol

Back